fridge freezer dishwasher?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when installing these appliances i want the sockets to be hidden away beneath the work surface is it ok to spur off the ring straight to the hidden socket or do i need to have a fcu above the work surface before it goes to the socket?

Sponsored Links
It is certainly better to have an accessable switch above the work top to be able to turn them off with should something go wrong with it - I don't believe there is a reg as such if the appliance isn't fixed.

thanks spark123 just dont want switches everywhere for all the appliances so would be happier to just go straight to the socket

How about having all the isolation switches together in a grid?
Btw, if the appliance is fixed then it needs to have an isolator.

Sponsored Links
iv seen these in new builds, do you know where you can get them from remember seeing them and they had the name of the appliance above each switch aswell?

ok think im going to use the grid switch idea with 20 dp switches for each appliance and a single unswitched socket off each switch in the grid and i will run this through the ring?

For switches and FCUs with names engraved look at sign shops, I think they use a pantograph engraver to do it, not sure if you have to buy the actual accessory from them or if they can engrave on yours.

However - if you're anywhere near Wrexham there's an engraving place on the Pandy industrial estate that does this sort of thing. (Not sure if we can mention company names here)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back