Gall stones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My other half going in for op this week and she is really terrfied

anyone on here had it done

Sponsored Links
My Dad had his gall bladder removed a couple of years ago. He was nearly 80 when he had it done and it was done using keyhole surgery. He too, was terrified at the thought, but he was fine afterwards.
So good luck to your other half - they will be fine!

My Dad had his gall bladder removed a couple of years ago. He was nearly 80 when he had it done and it was done using keyhole surgery. He too, was terrified at the thought, but he was fine afterwards.
So good luck to your other half - they will be fine!

Cheer, she is 50 and surgeon reckons they are too big to use keyhole surgery and may have to make 3 insertions and remove that way

Our other half had her gall bladder out a few years ago. It was done using a total of four holes, three of which were very small. The bigger one was just above the navel and this is where the gall bladder came out, neatly wrapped in a plastic bag. :cool: :cool: :cool:

The surgeon said afterwards that it had been difficult to tell where the inflamed bladder ended and healthy tissue began. But he persisted over the next four hours and got the thing out without having to do open surgery. :D :D :D

The only thing that went wrong was the large keyhole itself which he closed with glue instead of stitches and it didn't hold properly. :eek: :eek: :eek: This only became apparent after about ten days when we cleaned up the area to change the dressing. By now it was too late to stitch it up because the edges had scabbed over. It closed up eventually. If I was having mine done, I'd want to know if the surgeon was going to use glue. :!: :!: :!:

Sponsored Links
had mine done approx 10 years ago having suffered for 4years with several visits to hospital(can't do it when inflamed) Eventually went in for op,unfortunately after starting keyhole the surgeon had to do a letter box due to delays having let things get worse. Any way i am now fit and well :?: and able to eat what i like. Good luck and don't worry.

French President had it done twice :idea: Deux Gall :rolleyes: Should`ve had a Nose job while they were @ it .

Mom had hers done a few months back, was out the next day.
same as above, 3 or 4 little holes ( 1 for camera and air, one for each pincer thing.. ).

Thanks for all you comments

Operation done yesterday morning. Keeping her in as there have been complications - can't get to talk to Dr - nurse says gall bladder was 'worse than first thought' - my partner now on a drip and also has a drain inserted. They said her blood pressure is very very low and they have to monitor that and she will not be out until at least Monday. She was very upset last night as no one was explaining anything and everyone else who had it done was getting home. She feels really tired and just keeps drifting in and out of sleep

Tell her not to worry she will be sound, I have got to have an op on my prostate gland, they get to it by inserting a camera and a tiny pair of snippers up my willy to snip away a bit of tissue to ease the pressure.

Tell her not to worry she will be sound, I have got to have an op on my prostate gland, they get to it by inserting a camera and a tiny pair of snippers up my willy to snip away a bit of tissue to ease the pressure.

Thanks mate, hope yours goes ok. Know she isn't well, as she hasn't started moaning yet lol.

Sponsored Links
Back