Garden wall tied into house wall, removal?

Your post #27 diagram proves what? Please explain your point?
The detail finishes in mid-air it does not show the EWI in relation to ground level?
And it shows a rendered backing bypassing the "box profile" & going down to wherever behind the EWI.
That was done presumably purposely by the designer to avoid any liability for detailing the lowest point?

Once again you are generalising from this specific thread ie. in my post #4 referring to exposed brickwork I specifically said to the OP "below your BellCast".

Sponsored Links
"no damp showing internally. How can that be?" - It will be Cavity walls, remember them, perhaps you've used them in new build?
As a construction manager surely you are aware of the amount of damp complaints in new housing?
The OP's house is old with solid walls plus failing render and brickwork.

Your Tech Doc shoots you in the foot and your local authority pics are wrong. I'm beginning to suspect that your some kind of 24/7 googler?

You've ducked most all my questions and now your ducking out of your own muddled claims.
Hopefully, your going back to the plumbing forum where your googling seems to work.

Sponsored Links
Oh, he's back - our own jack-in-a-box googler.
Seeing as, after such a long pause, perhaps you would answer my questions and explain a few points - now's your chance.

I've just seen your post #22 pic. And that is not what is being talked about on this thread - stay on page please. No ducking and diving.

Perhaps you didn't know but you can only compare like with like..
Well now, ree Vinn bobasd and now ted. You are almost polite, the therapy must be working ? Can they work on condescension ? That's not condensation.

Last edited:
f@ck me! all he asked was . “shall i leave it until the ewi blokes turn up”
answer = yes.
he didn’t ask for a confused mixed up science physics biology college plastering tutorial more often containing bu!!**** answer to questions that dont exist.
bob is most defo in the room.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wow, I was away working for the weekend and this thread is out of control!!

So there doesn't seem to be much of a consensus about this. I'm not sure what to do, whether I should hack off the render below the bell cast.

Should I be able to see at what height the DPC is?

The EWI guys said nothing about this, other than the EWI would stop at the Bellcast level I think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back