Gas Safe boiler failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rekusu , a potential customer like yourself then I usually put the phone down , can sniff an awkward one a mile off , just a shame the guy who attended on the 24th was possibly green between the gills.
Did he invoice you and receive payment on completion of works?...or is the invoice still outstanding?...have you paid any monies to date?

Sponsored Links
Since you all think that I am some kind of cheapskate oike / thug trying to rip everyone and their brother off, you will definitely think that what I am about to say is a total lie. When I went back to their office on Monday, I told them that I had not yet received their invoice and by today, that is still the case. They say they have sent it; blame the post office.

As for loving landlords, I only have one property so am not exactly living a life of luxury And I would imagine that you do all love landlords since I would guess that they provide you with a substantial income.

Sponsored Links
:whistle::whistle::LOL: Query, I have a query. You know more than me then you mean.

I am now querying the invoice for the first visit, since he could have issued a pass certificate when it subsequently appears that the boiler was giving excess CO. The company are of course not happy!

I will be happy to pay the servicing and certificate issue fee, but at the moment, not the Dec24. / CO alarm ringing / 0ppm reading check fee. Where do I stand?

You say that you are querying the invoice in your OP then you are happy to pay the service and certification fee. Obviously you have received invoices for these then contrary to your previous post.

I would imagine that you do all love landlords since I would guess that they provide you with a substantial income.

You couldn't be more wrong! Most decent RGIs won't touch landlords mainly to avoid carp like this day in day out. Only ones that will are doing it on the side or need the work. I currently have £0 per annum from landlords as I refuse to touch them and I bet very many on here are in the same boat.

who would be responsible since I would have fulfilled the legal obligations?

Where do I stand?

You asked two distinct questions in your OP and gave us details that were provided from your point of view.

I believe I and many others have given you a fair description of where you stand and your responsibilities and your obligations. Just because you didn't get the answer that you wanted to hear you continue to argue moot points.

You are the type that give Landlords a bad name, blaming your lack of foresight, continued maintenance, penny pinching and corner cutting on anybody else you choose to believe may be ripping you off. Take a longer look at your OP and maybe read it through a few times. The fault originated from YOUR lack of servicing. But for your actions, there would be no need for the engineer to attend on any occasion but to carry out a service and LLGSC.

You are beginning to boil my pi55 now, you have had your answers now pay the guys their bills which are duly owed by yourself and hope to God that you find another company that are willing to look after you so swiftly as I will expect that they won't be returning your calls after this debacle.

F00king Landlords!

Jon

I'm not refusing, just querying the Invoice, since on day one (and I am grateful that he resolved the issue for the tenant, he got a reading of 0ppm and 10 days later, the Gas Safe cert guy and then the same engineer as day one, both got reading that showed CO to be at dangerous levels.

I agree that a certificate is only good for the time of the test, but if that is the case, then PAT tests, annual Gas Safe certs, MOTs etc should be done every day to ensure that the item being tested is safe all the time!

Funny how that Gas safe Engineer didn't even blink when he got a reading of 0 ppm, especially when the CO alarm had gone off as well, and the appliance had been sealed off, whilst I can tell you if you get a reading of 0ppm, then that would have aroused some suspicions, clearly means something is wrong with the guys analyser, there is no way on this earth that you would get a real low reading of 0 ppm on an old boiler.

I also disagree that any minor dust can cause such a high reading in 10 days, the cause of your boiler's high readings should be investigated further until the problem is found, in the mean time keep that CO alarm in place and advise the tenants to turn off the appliance when it goes off instead panicking and starting a world war III.

I just had my rented property's new CH installation serviced that was installed last year with a brand new boiler and even that gave a reading of 29ppm of CO.
unless you are mixing Ambient CO reading that was 0 ppm.

I am also a landlord and some gas safe engineers really boil my **** as well , not only I have met many cowboys but some are total incompetent, rip off merchants. Hence I now have a regular guy who rescued me a couple of years ago when my Warm Air Heating was fooked up by stupid tenants stuffing the ducts with padded jacket and caused the cupboard to overheat as the warm air vents were blocked and the heat started to escape into the cupboard and melted my boiler's thermoplastic front panel! STUPID TENANTS also blocked all permanent ventilation to stop drafts and we landlords are blamed for conserving our expenses when the tenants really are the biggest culprits, already my rented house has started to suffer from condensation problems and mould growth in some rooms where tenants don't open windows and dry clothes on radiators!

Oh also thanks to my last bitch tenant a single parent lady on social benefits, she not only abused my generosity when I reduced my rent from £700 to £500, but she also stopped paying me rent for 7 months and before I took any actiuon against her, that took further 2 months to serve her notice, she left the place in absolute state, in the end because I do not trust any tradespersons, I renovated the place myself

I may also add that my last tenant suffered me a total loss of £28grand ! that is not penny pinching, it is mega bucks, stupid tenants, It would be more profitable to keep houses empty than to rent them out to stupid irresponsible tenants since property prices would shoot up when there is less houses available to rent, and we would make more for our investment that way then to suffer all the bloody hassle of renting to idiotic tenants. Shame I actually kept one property empty for 10 years until the Council started to double my council tax and then threatened to place a CPO, only that forced me to start renting. Otherwise by freedom of choice I would keep my property empty and not having to suffer insults from the law, which protects morons.

Last edited:
whilst I can tell you if you get a reading of 0ppm, then that would have aroused some suspicions, clearly means something is wrong with the guys analyser, there is no way on this earth that you would get a real low reading on an old boiler.

I just had my rented property's new CH installation serviced that was installed last year with a brand new boiler and even that gave a reading of 29ppm of CO.
unless you are mixing Ambient CO reading that was 0 ppm.
Hey Mike , from one combustion engineer to another wannabe.....you don't half talk some shyte :censored:

I encounter 0 CO ppm in flue gas on a regular basis , and some of these are pretty large forced draught burners.:rolleyes:

....anyhow...carry on as it should be fun.....

Mike, you are also a consummate ****** who should refrain from drinking your cat's urine. It makes you type strange things.

I commissioned a brand spanking new boiler the other day, how many ppms do you think it gave off in your expert opinion?

How many ppms do you think the Op's boiler should be ommiting either side of a good or bad service?

I'm pretty sure there are some other questions you haven't gotten round to answering as it has been some while since I have seen your deranged ramblings in this section.

Hey Mike do you mind if I pick your brains? Got a boiler with 29ppm CO along with 9% CO2 in flue gas , I need to know ratio?

TIA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back