Gas Safe boiler failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how that Gas safe Engineer didn't even blink when he got a reading of 0 ppm, especially when the CO alarm had gone off as well, and the appliance had been sealed off, whilst I can tell you if you get a reading of 0ppm, then that would have aroused some suspicions, clearly means something is wrong with the guys analyser, there is no way on this earth that you would get a real low reading of 0 ppm on an old boiler.

You obviously aren't in the gas industry and know f00k all. 0ppm is a regular occurrence and how complete combustion of gas should be.

A new boiler can be different as they are set to different criteria and there is a permissible CO level allowed as per MI's.

I also disagree that any minor dust can cause such a high reading in 10 days

Minor dust wasn't mentioned. A blocked primary air filter was though would that change the CO reading?

Just out of interest, what did this first RGI stand to gain by lying about the ppm and turning the boiler back on thus only charging an hour and missing out on the opportunity of upselling spares that aren't needed and possibly a new boiler!? No RGI would ever leave an appliance in a dangerous state.

Maybe, just maybe, the second RGI felt his nose had been pushed out of joint and blocked the filter himself to get a high reading and upsell to the client?

Original RGI comes back and cleans the mess and appliance is still safe again.

Try reading between the lines. We do this daily and have seen pretty much everything between us.

@Mikefromlondon Please if you have nothing useful to contribute then please don't as you are just making yourself look a bit of a d1ck. Oh and thanks for the life story it really added to the thread. Cheers for that.

Jon

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What is it with these posters trying to be something they're clearly not? , do they get a kick out of it? It's not as if we know who they are so why bother?:rolleyes:

with a brand new boiler and even that gave a reading of 29ppm of CO.
unless you are mixing Ambient CO reading that was 0 ppm.

Que?
Hey Dan , maybe Mike is refering to a flue integrity test to which he is obviously confused.:ROFLMAO:

Doubt he knows what that is. He just means purging in fresh air. @Mikefromlondon is now googling flue integrity test!!
He can google what he likes , it's the way in which they post it is what trips them up .;)

It's like shooting fish in a barrel @steelmasons It kills my time seeing as I'm up looking after a sick child. My original grief was with the OP who is being a bit of a c0ck end.

Jon

with a brand new boiler and even that gave a reading of 29ppm of CO.
unless you are mixing Ambient CO reading that was 0 ppm.

Que?
Hey Dan , maybe Mike is refering to a flue integrity test to which he is obviously confused.:ROFLMAO:

Doubt he knows what that is. He just means purging in fresh air. @Mikefromlondon is now googling flue integrity test!!
He can google what he likes , it's the way they post it is what trips them up .;)

I'll just say it's a pass then ;)

Hey Mike do you mind if I pick your brains? Got a boiler with 29ppm CO along with 9% CO2 in flue gas , I need to know ratio?

TIA
less than 0.0003 how about that?

Wrong but nice try
No I didn't need to google that, coincidentally it was the reading stated on a print out my Gas safe engineer gave me today, it states 45.3c flue gas temp, 8.47% CO2, (that is near enough 9) so the ratio quoted was 0.0003, so try me next time I could then google!
Oh do you also want a 02 reading, that was 6.1%, which means there was still some oxygen left in the product of combustion, so it did not burn properly despite being 6% oxygen and it still produced 29ppm of CO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back