How can a boiler be "At Risk" and perfectly safe?

Sponsored Links
Best to get the boiler makers engineers out instead of these 3rd party people who havent a clue when it comes to servicing.
Bit of a generalisation there eh ? I bet i could have serviced/repaired this boiler just the same as the baxi engineer, and so could a lot of "3rd party" people.

I was told to call Baxi and book a serviceman's visit as he suspected a faulty fan or gas valve, which I immediately did, paying a considerable sum in advance covering a call-out, repair work and all necessary parts.

Alec.

He seems to have a very odd idea of what he should be doing.

Firstly he does a service. Part of that is to ensure and adjust as necessary to ensure the boiler is operating safely.

But he then tells you to call Baxi as if they are the only ones who can repair boilers!

I am very sorry you have encountered this guy. He clearly does not have any idea of what he is doing.

We have not been told the model of Baxi boiler. That would be useful.

The CO/CO2 ratio is a low figure and normally below 0.004 0.405 does not make any sense!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Best to get the boiler makers engineers out instead of these 3rd party people who havent a clue when it comes to servicing.

Watch it lad. Do NOT generalise. Do you have any facts and figures to support that accusation. You are welcome to come along with me and shadow my work practice

I'm sorry, this was all resolved long ago and so I had stopped watching this thread. To investigate the suspect test, I called out Baxi's own engineer, who declared the boiler to be well within safe limits. This all seemed to be due to the classic cause of the meter being left overnight in a cold van, and not having been retested recently. Fortunately I hadn't paid the original Gas Safe engineer at that point.

Still involved you in considerable extra expense!

And the engineer's instruction to call Baxi was odd when he should have been able to correct or repair the boiler himself.

Even odder that he feels he can service a boiler and then make you call someone else when it is not working properly.

When servicing a boiler, the first task is to ensure that it is working properly, asking the user and then testing it.

Some customers ask for a routine service when its a repair that is needed. I get over that by booking the service for a few days later.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back