Gas Safe boiler failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, aside from the maths masterclass, I don't see that anyone has noted that the flue is open vented and is therefore subject to envoiromental conditions.
The weather and wind conditions can play havoc, so a boiler working perfectly one day, or one hour, can spill the next, then behave well when the RGI turns up.
Yep and whether flue is up to temp etc.
My wood burner can take a bit longer coaxing to light on a colder day due to cold flue temp on start up so it doesn't pull just as good.
Loads of factors TBH. And lint on primary air supply will give massively high co reading as incorrect combustion with flame hunting for enough combustion oxygen.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's great when I see all those "filled in " benchmark books on commissioning with unrealistic figures, just a quick and easy way of working it out in your head.
Tia also fun when pulling up the so-called professionals when they state eronious flue gas figures.:censored:

I just divide on into the other and cut of the noughts.
One is % so two noughts and the other is millions so 6 noughts so goes to fourth decimal place and 3x9=27. My analyser is set to 4th Dec point.
Easy innit.
It's great when I see all those "filled in " benchmark books on commissioning with unrealistic figures, just a quick and easy way of working it out in your head.
Had to put my thinking cap on for that one sham.:)

I just divide on into the other and cut of the noughts.
One is % so two noughts and the other is millions so 6 noughts so goes to fourth decimal place and 3x9=27. My analyser is set to 4th Dec point.
Easy innit.
Had to put my thinking cap on for that one sham.:)
Im right though, I think!!??
It's just the way I've always done it
72ppm 8% is 0.0009(9x8=72). 72ppm 8.3% 0.0008.(8x8=64) 72ppm and 7.2% is 0.0010. (72/10=7.2) if that's easier.
Simple arithmetic

Excess air depends onto many variable factors Dan.
Not least how his probe is positioned.
Did I get away with that politicians answer?
I know my limitations and I'll ask something if I don't know and put my hands up if I'm wrong.
I won't however keep posting BS to people who know better than me. :)
Ps I had to take stuff the other day as hadn't jobbied for a week due to meds.
Nearly had to all out a plumber for blocked toilet. :mad:

One dose was enough to make me go but I've not been for 2 days again.
Take it I'll need to purge every couple of days until I stop the painkillers. :(

I had 10 days worth to shift :LOL:

However -

13607146893249fcebcf212703f4018ca6a6d6bdcc5dfc9d8bf9b6bc2ac440fc.jpg

Yeah my first one was great. Massive but great, 2nd and 3rd ones later that day weren't.
Pebble dashed the bowl and almost the walls. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back