Gas Safe Engineer

When you take someone on each task typically takes 3 x longer...so the business suffers accordingly.
Having done it before I certainly wouldn't do it again without recompense for the extra time taken....you'd can't be charging the customer.

Sponsored Links
The place where I get my ACS had a great idea .... have a pool of gas guys that are used for the trainees practical and portfolio work. They then bank the credits for the hours and use that to pay for any courses they needed.

Yea the company is Option Skills. They offer the 100 day portfolio with a registered Gas Safe Engineer at a cost of £500 for the term. But like you guys say why would they do this to train a competitor :/.

It’s not always a case of training a competitor though, if you train up a decent lad why would he want to move on if you provide him a competitive salary?. There is a shortage of good gas engineers although Bg recently lost a thousand or so who will be adding to the pool. It’s very hard to qualify and go straight out with no experience as customers won’t come back to you when you struggle to remove a case and take half a day on a service and this type of business has its success measured on its customer base

Sponsored Links
Yea the company is Option Skills. They offer the 100 day portfolio with a registered Gas Safe Engineer at a cost of £500 for the term. But like you guys say why would they do this to train a competitor :/.
£5 a day!? Wow, that's going to buy some interesting training

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back