GD Forum

Does GD Forum serve a useful purpose?

• Often

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rarely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh Man... I can feel the love. Not only do I have my own thread but also my own poll... What next? My own chat show?... This is just freaky!

Sponsored Links
Every forum on the internet has a general discussion forum where the members discuss off-topic subjects of their choosing with the same people that on-topic subjects are discussed.

You are not obliged to click into every post to contribute or be offended. It's purely optional.

No **** sherlock!

Not offended in the slightest, pretty strange thing to write.
And it would be nice to join in as sometimes they start out interesting. Problem is that those discussions are turned into a peeing competition pretty fast by a handful of members and leaves little room to contribute in an adult way.

Blighty, I am very sorry for the nonsense that has been going on, I hope that the GD forum will soon return to normal and that some of the others will return.. I promise to return to the calm of the Combustion Chamber, never to return here in return for the permanent removal of Himaginn, all of his aliases and JohnD... There are some who say that JD is a moderator, then the management will remove him from that position and keep him in his little box... Proper and fair handed moderation over all forums is also needed. That's the deal otherwise no matter how many times I get banned, I will continue to be a pain in the backside...I hope that this gets back to the managers

Every forum on the internet has a general discussion forum where the members discuss off-topic subjects of their choosing with the same people that on-topic subjects are discussed.

You are not obliged to click into every post to contribute or be offended. It's purely optional.

No **** sherlock!

And it would be nice to join in as sometimes they start out interesting. Problem is that those discussions are turned into a peeing competition pretty fast by a handful of members and leaves little room to contribute in an adult way.

Don't join in then. Don't read them.Start your own little convo via pm or somewhere else.

I really can't see why people need to moan about discussions other people are having. Join in or STFU is a simple thing to do.

No **** sherlock!

Don't join in then. Don't read them.Start your own little convo via pm or somewhere else.

I really can't see why people need to moan about discussions other people are having. Join in or STFU is a simple thing to do.
Am not sure why you can't understand me? It would've been nice to have joined in the EU debate for example as it's interesting, but it ended up being a slanging match with the word 'racist' being banded about - hardly inviting is it? Am I not allowed to now comment that I think it's rubbish of some folk to hijack the threat to the degree that ordinary folk feel like they can't join in without all that nonsense?

It looks to me that it's ok in your world that all that rubbish can go back and forth and they can post what they like, but the moment I post something about it, I am not allowed and am suppose to STFU? Is that not just double standards? If you don't like that I wrote earlier when I was objecting, should YOU not ignore what I wrote and STFU? Fair's fair and all that.

Sponsored Links
you don't like that I wrote earlier when I was objecting

If you quote me, as you did, I'll probably respond. Otherwise I will most likely ignore your ramblings and will not comment.

That's how it works. That's why its so simple to just not comment, and move on.

Really? That's your response? You responded to my comment first - not one I quoted you on I may add. You started this tit-for-tat, not I.

Wow, if you read what you wrote, I think you'd realise how much of a hypocrite you've been.

And thankyou again for the comment about not commenting and how simple it is. It's not like I'd ever figured out that in my many years - very kind of you to point it out yet again but please, again, practice what you preach.

I've come to the conclusion that there are basically two types who post in GD forum:
a) those that want, expect and enjoy a reasonable discussion without resorting to abuse.
b) those for whom it is light entertainment, whether reading the abuse or participating in it.

Unfortunately, type b manage to spoil the type a threads by introducing their pet issues time and time again.
Perhaps, in future, people who create a thread could state "Type 'a' only to participate. please." (Or alternatively, "This may be a type 'b' thread.")
Then if/when type 'b' start to introduce their pet issues in type 'a' threads, leading inevitably to the typical abusive comments, we'll know who the troublemakers are. (If we didn't already know.)

ou responded to my comment first - not one I quoted you on

You're talking nonsense.

I posted a comment on the thread title.

You quoted it and commented on it.

I didn't even read your comments and I don't even know who you are. I've never seen your posts before, and having reviewed some of them now, they are inane. So you'll be heading to the blocked list shortly.

I'm gonna bang your two heads together in a minute. ;)
F&I has the monopoly on abusive comments!

I've come to the conclusion that there are basically two types who post in GD forum

Don't forget

c) they keep posting the same old polls asking the same old questions, knowing full well they'll get the same old arguments from the same old people ..... whom the OP then goes on to criticise.

d) they post the same old same old, then do one once they lose the argument.

I've come to the conclusion that there are basically two types who post in GD forum:
a) those that want, expect and enjoy a reasonable discussion without resorting to abuse.
b) those for whom it is light entertainment, whether reading the abuse or participating in it.

Unfortunately, type b manage to spoil the type a threads by introducing their pet issues time and time again.
Perhaps, in future, people who create a thread could state "Type 'a' only to participate. please." (Or alternatively, "This may be a type 'b' thread.")
Then if/when type 'b' start to introduce their pet issues in type 'a' threads, leading inevitably to the typical abusive comments, we'll know who the troublemakers are. (If we didn't already know.)
But that wouldn't stop you would it?

ou responded to my comment first - not one I quoted you on

You're talking nonsense.

I posted a comment on the thread title.

You quoted it and commented on it.

I didn't even read your comments and I don't even know who you are. I've never seen your posts before, and having reviewed some of them now, they are inane. So you'll be heading to the blocked list shortly.
MMMMMUUUUMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY - I AM SO SCARED!!! I'm gonna be blocked - how on earth am I going to survive without the stupidity of some posts and members on here? Why, I shan't sleep at night for days!

Hilarious, you really are. Can't help but resort to being personal and throwing an insult can ya? Sure sign you're losing the argument that you know.

Shame you can't read or follow your own advice huh? Knew you wouldn't.

Come on, block me then Woody, or is that just another bit of waffle? Go on, do it.

More insults - ahhh.... completely lost it haven't you?

Sponsored Links
Back