General Election 4th July

Well I suppose it will give the party members some thing to do for the next 49 (?) days keep em occupied knocking on doors shoving there propaganda through the letter box :giggle:

Banging on about Gaza
Human rights
Ect ect

Sponsored Links
Its far left because they are trying to drown out what is being said - centre left would not
More of an accompaniment. The bloke who did is basically anti brexhit

Sponsored Links
Earlier on R5L, the tory election strategy guru is reported as already briefing, saying this was nothing to do with him.

If they loose then Nigel Farage will join as leader and win the next election. But if they do not win then farage will not join. So if you vote Labour you will end up with Nige as prime minster in 5 years time.

I have a new drinking game - every time a politician says "set out" you have to have a drink

I would increase tax and NI on people earning over £50K, and more so on those earning over £100k then £250k

Self employed people mandatory business accounts AND at least 50% of turn over though the account.

I would make all UC claimants have a minimum number of hours of 25 per week and let them do 2 hours overtime per week before it affects UC

I’d increase the number of bands for council tax so the biggest homes pay more AND when extensions are complete, have automatic reassessment of the banding with immediate effect.

End free for all NHS and adopt a system like Eire so you pay a nominal amount for visits to the doctors and A&E

I’d cap the number of people coming to the UK with immediate effect

I’d make degrees for qualifications we need free BUT have 15 years work in the uk mandatory

Id scrap university loans and replace it with an additional tax paid immediately once the tax free threshold has been passed

Tax threshold up to £20K

Problem is there are some many things people want to improve there simply isn’t the money to cover it but somebody needs to set out tax rises and specify how it will be spent.

Pledge’s are simply not good enough and who ever gets the keys to number 10 has a maximum of 1 year before they will get the might of social media taking pops at them

That’s for starters

OK so..

"increase tax and NI on people earning over £50K, and more so on those earning over £100k then £250k"

Why? These people are the hard working core. Perhaps multiple jobs and or studied most of their lives, made big sacrifices, already keeping the economy afloat.

So despite already paying more tax, as tax works on a PERCENTAGE of what you earn, you want to UP that percentage? Are you aware what Percentage means?? You're not alone as it seems many have this same warped concept that the more you earn the higher the percentage of tax rate, its absurd.
Ill give you an example. A person earning 125k pays 47k in Tax and NI compared to someone earning 25k £3.5k on tax and NI.

So somebody earning 125k pays 13times more tax and NI than someone earning 25k despite them only earning 5 times more salary before tax. Tax should be a percentage of your salary end of. You should never be penalised for earning more money and put on a higher rate.

The problem actually isn't just on our salary its on everything we do to try and make a better future for ourselves individually because our government has proved time over they certainly won't.

Progressive taxation on the higher earners was justified years ago as a way to help reduce the income gap by redistributing wealth, funding social services, and providing a safety net for the less fortunate. This has clearly never happened despite Labour and or Tory governments.

Higher taxes on the wealthy can discourage investment and entrepreneurship, potentially stifling economic growth.
It may reduce the incentive for individuals to work harder and earn more if they perceive that a large portion of their income will be taxed away. redistributive policies can lead to inefficiencies in the economy by reallocating resources away from their most productive uses.
High taxes on the wealthy might lead to capital flight, where individuals and businesses move their assets to countries with lower tax rates, potentially reducing the domestic tax base.

So back to my point on earning 125k and being penalised for it. Where is that fair???? Who feels better about that? Do you honestly believe that money trickles down to the people that deserve it? No clearly it doesnt because its currently paying for deluxe hotels whilst ex service men/women and cancer patients etc all rely on charities. How fcked up is that?

So the 'wealthy' 125k earner is losing half of their earnings deducted at source for what? Preventing them from paying more into their savings, a private health care plan, extra education for the kids, care for their elderly, perhaps taking more holiday and working less. Why should any of these rights be taken away from the hard working???

Ill tell you what it tells me to do, move abroad completely and leave this place behind. Why stay here and be utterly fleeced to fck for what?

Alot of people in my circles are already looking at this option. And there lies the rub, these people are the ones who make decisions are pro active and will do what it takes to protect their lifestyle they've worked so hard to achieve.

I am no Tory fan, but i'm no fan of a Labour policy who just believes 'taxing the wealthy' will bring them more popularity and support, as thats all that will happen. Bring me a leader with a backbone no matter what party and ill support them possibly.

Sponsored Links
Back