Getting older

Sponsored Links
Bloody hell, some people really do seem to give up. I'm 55 and have a resting heart rate of 48, which is athletically fit. I cycle 50-60 miles at weekends with around 3000 ft of climbing and have never had any serious illness. I expect to be doing the same well into my sixties and possibly seventies unless I lose my marbles.

Regular exercise, no smoking and moderate booze are the secret.

Sponsored Links
Belated Happy Birthday matt1e ...hope you had a great day....you are still just a youngster :) make the most of it
susie.

I suddenly feel out of place at a mere 33...
If it counts though I have the knees of a 70 year old (surgeons professional opinion) :D
MHR for yesterday Matt1e

Simon & Garfunkel said:
-- and the leaves that are green turn to brown.

I was listening to this yesterday and it made me think. Long, long ago when I was 23, I contemplated the day when I would be 40. (Stupid I know but I was young and daft.) So I looked at the people I knew who where that old and it wasn't exactly an uplifting experience. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The thing is, when I got to 40 I didn't really feel any different. Even now, pushing 60, I keep forgetting just how old I've got. So here's the question:

Were the old farts I knew back then always like that - even when they were young? :?: :?: :?:

Or do I belong to a generation that's cast off age stereotypes? :cool: :cool: :cool:

Or - and this is the ominous bit - maybe I really am an old fart but I'm the only one who can't see it? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Back