Give Boris Some Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Eventually.

At first you said,
View attachment 191731
There was no suggestion of pandemic being the subject matter there, only BJ.
Not sure what point you are trying to make..other than dancing around on the head of a pin about something...All i ever said was there is no connection between privilege.Boris And Covid.

Not what I said, I was commenting on the steps taken elsewhere compared to the UK, who in their right mind would let Cheltenham go ahead?
20/20 hindsight. .Marvellous...so timing was out by few days..Half the country taking fekall notice of lockdown anyway...Doubt all the infections spread from a day at the races...Tons more still travel by tube everyday,even now.

Last edited by a moderator:
20/20 hindsight. .Marvellous...so timing was out by few days..Half the country taking fekall notice of lockdown anyway...Doubt all the infections spread from a day at the races...Tons more still travel by tube everyday.
You said it!

Sponsored Links
Good grief the poor b***** wasn't even around for most of this pandemic. It would seem that the rest of the whole world also got it wrong. I'm no tory lover but in all honesty there wasn't anyone else for the job and somebody had to be in charge. can you imagine the mess we would be in if Corbyn had been in the chair or any other of the so called politicians around. I will admit that BOJO's ministers are the most inept bunch of bumblers ever seen but this virus is unprecedented and nobody in the world really knows what to do. Yes there have been mistakes with PPE and other stuff but as I say this pandemic is completely unprecidented. Assuming the virus or trump do not kill off every human being on the planet and we do get through this, including the economic impact which is going to make the Great Depression look like a walk in the park, then as long as the NHS becomes properly funded, and yes I would pay more tax for that to happen, and the whinging whining tax havened billionaires are all sorted then I might, I say might, even vote tory again.

He was around in the lead up, thats when measures should have been taken, I stopped going to my tennis sessions on March 4 and started my own lockdown, had text on 16 March from one of our group who had been to Cheltenham and came home with an unwanted souvenir

I'm no tory lover but in all honesty there wasn't anyone else for the job and somebody had to be in charge. can you imagine the mess we would be in if Corbyn
Standby for Notch,Jonnyboy and Gal defending their hero.

He was around in the lead up, thats when measures should have been taken, I stopped going to my tennis sessions on March 4 and started my own lockdown, had text on 16 March from one of our group who had been to Cheltenham and came home with an unwanted souvenir
Crystal,,,sonny jim....Half the country took no flaming notice with thousands of people infected,some dieying,,4th March,,how many UK cases??? And Boris locking down the country,,,NO CHANCE..As said,,20/20 hindsight and everyone’s an expert.

Bluster, buffoonery, focus groups and propaganda -are no substitute for proper governance

It is a novel virus, the science is emerging, mistakes are inevitable -the public would trust the government more if they were open an truthful.
Yes, not only trust but respect.

Look at NZ's prime minister. No air travel, paycut for MP's, strict lockdown, pulled the country together and ok, although they have less population, they've had far fewer deaths and cases and this week, no new cases were reported.

We are still doing some air travel, not checking them when they arrive, not a strict lockdown and we gave our MP's an extra £10k to work from home... We are still losing approx 500 people a day and new cases are still far far too high.

NZ's prime minister has got the respect of many many a person on how she handled this. To say that this is an unusual situation is fair but all the world leaders were in the same boat and some have done much better than others. The UK unfortunately didn't handle this well, despite getting warning by the way of seeing what had happened in China and Italy. It doesn't matter if people love Boris or not, this is the fact.

Crystal,,,sonny jim....Half the country took no flaming notice with thousands of people infected,some dieying,,4th March,,how many UK cases??? And Boris locking down the country,,,NO CHANCE..As said,,20/20 hindsight and everyone’s an expert.
Not 20/20 hindsight I saw that it could turn into a major problem and acted, I am just an ordinary geezer educated to O level & ONC not a professor or Oxbridge educated

4th March...85 Covid cases in UK...Boris locks the country down...........loloololll..Of course BRO.You people criticising The Govt about inactivity,,,give your heads a shake FFS.
If he had, he probably would have the admiration of many, instead he dithered, 30,000 and rising

Standby for Notch,Jonnyboy and Gal defending their hero.
You’ll be lucky. All that shower can do is complain. They won’t tell you who they voted for or who, in their esteemed opinion, would have done any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back