Give me a break!

Sponsored Links
If you are a teacher, how many people not from your own household, and all from different households, are you allowed to spend all day with, indoors and without social distancing?

The school for 1 month is a bit odd. Midlands BBC news went to a couple of schools to show the problems. Main one looked to be 300 pupils in one of the years and teachers to handle classes of 30 or so. Lots in this case but class sizes generally are about 30. Class room capacity goes down to 6. Corridors too narrow and same with the loos. Canteen - same problem.

Then the tots classrooms. Based mostly on playing with all sorts, bricks, shapes and sitting when they do in groups even on play mats. They are not well behaved distancing wise. I suppose that are trying to avoid a missing school intake. ;) From my own personal experience that can be no fun at all but the problem is missed education and 1 month is not going to do anything about that.

Maybe it's an experiment to see if it increases cv19 cases. Schools are closed on the basis that they know they spread flu. CV19 can be spread by breathing, talking, coughing and sneezing. Much the same as flu. In cv19's case I suspect they would have some difficulty assuming it's not spread by asymptotic people or those in the early stages.

This meet one person out of someones household is odd too but helps with some sports. Then generations etc of a family meeting up with each other and maintaining distance - no.

:) Go to work. Whitty eventually mentioned nothing has changes in this area really. Came out as soon as child care problems were mentioned. Employers are expected to be understanding about that. So this is a typical Tory thing - what about those scroungers that are furloughed and could be working. More likely to be companies taking advantage. Eg My son is furloughed. He can mostly work from home but until things move along a lot there is very very little to do so no point in him working. There will be others like that. If pushed companies will just make people redundant - seems some have been already.

LOL I'm about to go out of my immediate area to get dog food, Only place I can get duck and potato from. Should I wait until tomorrow, will a cop ask me where I am going. I'll even pass through some countryside, and use a lane that is only a couple of miles from where I live which is very urban.

all it says is: "keep 2 metres apart if you can, but don't bother if you cant"

fillyboy says thats very clear :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It doesn't, actually.

It does say that 2 metres separation is a guideline, but that time spent in close proximity is also likely to increase viral transmission.
It does say that, if you have to pass closely, do so without delay, side-to-side rather than face-to-face, and avoid talking.

Of course, blathering as it was, it would be unrealistic to include such detail in the speech; it would take all night, and no-one would take any of it in anyway (anyone who cared would go to the source document; as linked to by @fillyboy ).
The speech should have stuck to simple bullet points, or even rousing and galvanising platitudes, rather than get mired in confusing and contradictory "simple and clear guidance".

Unfortunately, regardless of the actual guidance, it is wasted on some. Like the people who think they're "staying safe" in the supermarket by maintaining 2 metres, but spending an hour in there, all the while fondling and deliberating over which exact jar of honey they will buy out of the shelf of exact same jars, talking to someone they "haven't seen for ages" at barely 2 metres, and on and on......

Sponsored Links
So kids can go to school and mix with kids from other families and be less than 2m apart but then these same kids would be breaking the guidelines if they played outside together.

So you cannot go to work with your work colleague in a car share but you can sit next to them at work.

Etc..

The school for 1 month is a bit odd. Midlands BBC news went to a couple of schools to show the problems. Main one looked to be 300 pupils in one of the years and teachers to handle classes of 30 or so. Lots in this case but class sizes generally are about 30. Class room capacity goes down to 6. Corridors too narrow and same with the loos. Canteen - same problem.

Then the tots classrooms. Based mostly on playing with all sorts, bricks, shapes and sitting when they do in groups even on play mats. They are not well behaved distancing wise. I suppose that are trying to avoid a missing school intake. ;) From my own personal experience that can be no fun at all but the problem is missed education and 1 month is not going to do anything about that.

Maybe it's an experiment to see if it increases cv19 cases. Schools are closed on the basis that they know they spread flu. CV19 can be spread by breathing, talking, coughing and sneezing. Much the same as flu. In cv19's case I suspect they would have some difficulty assuming it's not spread by asymptotic people or those in the early stages.

This meet one person out of someones household is odd too but helps with some sports. Then generations etc of a family meeting up with each other and maintaining distance - no.

:) Go to work. Whitty eventually mentioned nothing has changes in this area really. Came out as soon as child care problems were mentioned. Employers are expected to be understanding about that. So this is a typical Tory thing - what about those scroungers that are furloughed and could be working. More likely to be companies taking advantage. Eg My son is furloughed. He can mostly work from home but until things move along a lot there is very very little to do so no point in him working. There will be others like that. If pushed companies will just make people redundant - seems some have been already.

LOL I'm about to go out of my immediate area to get dog food, Only place I can get duck and potato from. Should I wait until tomorrow, will a cop ask me where I am going. I'll even pass through some countryside, and use a lane that is only a couple of miles from where I live which is very urban.

They need schools to open so people can then go back to work. How can they go back to work if both parents are working and schools are closed?

PHcXqazdyGkrOkGlnLifCBenqQFuynwAefyUZ1dAbRw.jpg

The Lockdown has been relaxed in time for Eid / Ramadam - as I predicted it would be.

lockdown has not been relaxed to allow Eid or ramadam -only somebody desperate to prove a xenophobic argument would the case that lock down changes are to satisfy certain religions

Of course, blathering as it was, it would be unrealistic to include such detail in the speech

Bit of a problem that the document had not been published, or even finished (and is still not)

hence vague waffling by Buffoon, and contradiction by other chief Cons.

"The government has struggled to explain its exit strategy since Mr Johnson’s televised speech on Sunday evening, with confusion over how many people can meet outdoors under the revised lockdown guidelines, when businesses should return to work and a splintered approach from the devolved governments with the UK."

"He also clarified in the Commons that parents unable to access childcare should not be expected to go to work."

"Dominic Raab, foreign secretary, was forced to clarify that new workplace guidance would not come into force until Wednesday, despite Downing Street telling reporters on Sunday that people who could not work from home should return to work on Monday."

"Mr Johnson said the government would “insist” that businesses across the country are “Covid secure” and the Health and Safety Executive would enforce the rules. “We will be having spot inspections to ensure businesses are keeping their employees safe,” he added."

(but the rules have not yet been agreed and published, so this is currently impossible, and businesses don't yet know what they "must" do.)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...map-lockdown-dominic-raab-appears-contradict/

Filly and others claim Buffoon's speech was clear. This is not true.
https://www.businessinsider.com/peo...ew-uk-coronavirus-guidelines-2020-5?r=US&IR=T

.......the document had not been published

1. to which document are you referring?
2. (whichever it it), the document does not need to be "published" for BJ to have seen it.

And no, I am not defending the speech, the blathering, or the resulting confusion.

I don't understand why there's any need for any document. Good old British common sense is enough, isn't it?
How it differs from good old foreign common sense, I don't know. I would have thought that common sense is common sense (as in Brexit is Brexit :confused:) whatever nationality it has.

(but the rules have not yet been agreed and published, so this is currently impossible, and businesses don't yet know what they "must" do.)

I doubt there will be any prescriptive "musts", beyond "don't kill your staff, visitors, or anyone else", to be honest.

the document does not need to be "published" for BJ to have seen it.

But it does need to be finished.

Which it wasn't.

If Buffoon had read and comprehended it, he might, perhaps, have had sufficient intelligence not to contradict it in his speech. This remains to be seen.

Filly (and others) attempted to argue that the document that was not available at the time of the speech cleared up the confusion in the speech.

Since it was not available, and was not finished, it didn't.

Sponsored Links
Back