God does not exist - discuss

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that evolution had created.

"What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!", he said to himself. As he was walking along the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. When he turned to see what the cause was, he saw a 7-foot grizzly charging right towards him. He ran as fast as he could. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing, He ran even faster, crying in fear. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pounding and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up, but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that moment, the Atheist cried out "Oh my God!...." Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent. Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years; teach others I don''''t exist; and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as Christian now, but perhaps could you make the bear a Christian?" "Very well," said the voice.

The light went out. The river ran again. And the sounds of the forest resumed.

And then the bear dropped his right paw ..... brought both paws together...bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful."

Sponsored Links
It's you that has to prove there ISN'T a god. The evidence that there is, is all around you. You prove that you are not here.

Your Dad is/was Syrian. Part Syrian and part chimpanzee. That's what you told us you are.

Joe, by that reckoning, you'd better present yourself at the next anthropological convention. Anthropologists reckon Neanderthals died out thousands of years ago. Your surely living proof of a pure Neanderthal bloodline existing in the present. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

They all live on Council Estates.

Sponsored Links
Your Dad is/was Syrian. Part Syrian and part chimpanzee. That's what you told us you are.

Joe, by that reckoning, you'd better present yourself at the next anthropological convention. Anthropologists reckon Neanderthals died out thousands of years ago. Your surely living proof of a pure Neanderthal bloodline existing in the present. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

They all live on Council Estates.
Ahh so you admit you live on a Council Estate :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Can we get this back on track?..

Evidence for a god please.....? anyone?

Well according to Joe, God made bricks, roof tiles and even television sets.

That's if I read his post correctly.

It's you that has to prove there ISN'T a god. The evidence that there is, is all around you. You prove that you are not here.

Oh my giddy ant.. why aren't you banned?

You know the "burden of proof" concept, yet you continue to leach of others' posts.. you shouls get a life Joe.....

One minute you're hating the islamic ingress, and then slagging off atheists... yet not defining what you are...

you are a forum whore, weak and worthless.. but ruinous..

evidence of things seen,is evidence of things unseen.
Hmmm rather simplistic view there B&B If something is truly "unseen", then there's no evidence of it's existence. ;) ;)

yes its good to keep it simple, unseen, you cannot see air,but you breath it.
you cannot see the wind but you see the trees bend and sway,and the leaves
move. you cannot see God, but you can see the works of his hands.

Hmmm rather simplistic view there B&B If something is truly "unseen", then there's no evidence of it's existence. ;) ;)

You miss the point my friend... you need to give me repeatable, peer reviewable evidence,,, not just bendy trees !!!..

You miss the point my friend... you need to give me repeatable, peer reviewable evidence,,, not just bendy trees !!!..

i remind me of doubting thomas.

Jesus Appears to Thomas

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

you cannot see God, but you can see the works of his hands.

So where do I see this mysterious work of God's hand? I look out and see the natural world. I see nothing there that appears to be made by God. (although I see evidence of others belief in the "God Theory".

B&B, you've quoted from the fairytale book you happen to believe in. There's no proof that what's described there actually happened. Therefore we can only dismiss this supposed evidence. (as it was written many years after the supposed Son of God was crucified, a modern day court would dismiss this as hearsay) ;) ;)

you cannot see God, but you can see the works of his hands.

So where do I see this mysterious work of God's hand? I look out and see the natural world. I see nothing there that appears to be made by God. (although I see evidence of others belief in the "God Theory".

His creation is you and me and every thing around us, that is alive. we are the evidence of his creative hands, we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

God knew we would be born before we was born. he is the giver of life,he sustains the life we have now,he holds this world together.

Psalm 139

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.

B&B, you've quoted from the fairytale book you happen to believe in. There's no proof that what's described there actually happened. Therefore we can only dismiss this supposed evidence. (as it was written many years after the supposed Son of God was crucified, a modern day court would dismiss this as hearsay) ;) ;)

JESUS was foretold hundreds of years before he came,in the book of ISAIAH , thats how the jews knew he was there messiah. but some rejected him.

its not a fairy tail book,it is the word of God,its the most sold book in the world,and if its fairytail why is it banned in 150 countrys. ,its built and raised nations to greatness,its healed millions of broken familys, and lives, its healed , delivered , saved millions of lives.it has hundreds of fullfilled fortold events. it has power,

Wow, another thread on God, Sombreo must love this.

Now, I can prove that God exists, sadly to see God you need an exploring mind, because to see God you see him in your mind, you don't see God with your eyes.

1. Can you see nuclear radiation? No because your eyes cannot see this destructive force/energy. Without it we would not have come into being, the sun has a nuclear fission that supports all life on earth.

2. can you see magnetism? No you cannot, but we now know it is there, how, because we can see certain metals attract to it, and it without it we simply would not have come into existence, due to earth getting shielded from the sun's deadly radiation is diverted away from our earth by its magnetism, and you wouldn't be able to discuss this today on a DIY forum without the use of magnetism in generating electricity that we run our devices from. at best we would be still living like Apes as we once did.

3. Can you see force of Gravity, no but you can feel it when it pulls you back to the mother earth. without it our earth would not be able to orbit the sun. we would never have got born on earth as our earth would have escaped the sun's gravity and gone ice cold!

4 so same way can you see God, No but we know that God exists, without this master source of all Energies, this includes nuclear energy, nuclear fission, electricity and lightening and electrons, light, heat and gravity, magnetism, and so on we would not have come into being, matter was formed from this invisible energy, and it then gave the matter all its properties such as magnetism, gravity , mass and so on.

5 God is that invisible energy that we cannot see, the scientist call it dark energy, that is because it is invisible, that scientist have recently discovered, they long suspected it must exists, but to prove that it existed, they had to build a Hadron Collider, still it is early days, they have detected a Higgs Boson that they predicted gave matter its mass.

God exists, but unfortunately most people are cannot see that in their head and expect to see him physically, in science fiction films, when Aliens fire their advanced weapons, shooting out powerful destructive rays, they show these as some sort of rays being emitted, to help us see, but destructive rays are invisible in real sense. Just like in a microwave oven, you do not see any rays, but it can cook anything in seconds!

6. One day scientist will reach that point, where they would say, now we have discovered how gravity works, what gives all matter this invisible force of attraction, and why, and why gravity cannot be defied, no one has been able to create anti-gravity machines, because it is impossible to do so, anti-gravity can only exist in one's mind. Matter that has been created must inherit gravity by law of creation. Then scientist will eventually understand God, the ultimate source or reason behind creation of all events in the universe and prior to its creation.

But let me stop here for now, we can talk about how disillusioned man is when it comes to religions, and all those killings each day we hear, what a fiasco religions are, doesn't it tell you something is badly wrong here with some religions, whilst many are peaceful religions, so I have no fear in saying that some religions are total nonsense., which ones, ? can anyone guess? or do I have to tell you Sombrero

Sponsored Links