Good luck Real Madrid

Sponsored Links
I don't deny that the french were arrogant and heavy handed.

This was a flush back from the 80s. Shame on all that misbehaved

Thank you..........

in fairness it wasn't just the Liverpool fans. Chelsea would turn up in their thousands and it was easier to let them in rather than making trouble in the town centres . Difference is; Liverpool would always blame someone else when they were one of the worst.
I'm not suggesting Liverpool were the only team that did it but they had it down to a fine art and also had more supporters doing it than Chelsea or man u or anyone else. To be totally fair a good portion of the ticketless fans probably weren't actually Liverpool fans more likely locals wanting to see Liverpool who were the number 1 team at the time

Sponsored Links
Thank you..........

in fairness it wasn't just the Liverpool fans. Chelsea would turn up in their thousands and it was easier to let them in rather than making trouble in the town centres . Difference is; Liverpool would always blame someone else when they were one of the worst.
Once I was in a motor way service station shop when Liverpool fans came in and within 1 minute there was literally nothing left on the shelves. It was like watching a plague of locusts.

From what I saw of it problems getting in. Some "attendents" not sure what they were trying to get people to move back. Then comes typical French crowd control when they feel it's needed. A politcians wife was in the queue, protected by fans and mentioned breathing. Worrying I suspect. People being refused entry. Comments that they should have been checked somewhere with more space. Mention that the grounds isn't too good at handling lots of people.n Some sort of transport strike.

France - mention of pepper spray new to me but tear gas isn't nor are what are essentially riot police.

From what I saw of it problems getting in. Some "attendents" not sure what they were trying to get people to move back. Then comes typical French crowd control when they feel it's needed. A politcians wife was in the queue, protected by fans and mentioned breathing. Worrying I suspect. People being refused entry. Comments that they should have been checked somewhere with more space. Mention that the grounds isn't too good at handling lots of people.n Some sort of transport strike.

France - mention of pepper spray new to me but tear gas isn't nor are what are essentially riot police.

The french admitted that they were expecting hooligans. I think the french youth were more guilty of goading the Liverpool fans who where there to enjoy themselves.

But Liverpool football club can't deny that 40 odd thousand fans without tickets played a major roll in the chaos.

Every other English Football club will advise its fans not to travel without Tickets Did Liverpool FC ?

I get it why they want to be there and soak up the atmosphere. Be sensible and keep away from the ground. Find a fan zone or a pub.

Last edited:
There was an MP who was there speaking about the caper on the news this morning

Also a fella who was part of the BT
VIP group who were bussed to the ground and initially could not get into the ground
The scanners did not read the tickets ???

Issue with ticket scanners those using them could conclude tickets were fake ???

French fella on the news said that now people know as to the type of policing that they have to put up with on a regular basis ?

Followed Chelsea many times in Europe including a final. Treat the police with respect and they will do the same. However I think the French Police got alot wrong.

Used to go up to Chelsea every home game on a regular basis when it was the old 1st division

Have worked with on numerous occasions an X Chelsea captains brother (s)

Used to go up to Chelsea every home game on a regular basis when it was the old 1st division

Who's that man

Don't enjoy the game like I did. The money involved has killed it for me.

Sponsored Links
Back