Good News on Vaccines and Delta Variant

Love this thread

unlike the USA, where Trumpist RWRs insist on ideological grounds that vaccines are as wrong as universal healthcare, this is not, in UK, a Left/Right issue.

Sponsored Links
mRNA was invented as a vaccine method in 1986. The guy who (claims he) did it (Malone) released a youtube vid, with some other random doctor and another bloke, claiming all sorts of evil things would happen following the Pfizer & Mod vaccines.
Because he's who he is, (or was) I was getting engaged with these newly raised problems - just cos I'm interested. I've picked up just a bit of knowledge, and even to me some things sounded very odd. Eg the lipid (fat) nanoparticles used to contain the vaccine, evidently get around the body a bit. So one of them says ~"Oh, in ovaries, that means cancer". What? Sounded like he'd strayed into bollócks territory.
He had. The video has been taken down, trashed, exposed etc etc. It's unfounded garbage.
But you still find it on crappy websites.
Why do people do that? To sell copy? Be famous for 5 minutes? Was he a disgruntled Pfizer employee?

I'm sure there are effects of vaccines we don't know about yet, but why are so many "expert" people publishing such utter crap?

Sponsored Links
nearer home

"Covid in Scotland: 41 Covid deaths to date among fully vaccinated Scots"

https://www.thenational.scot/news/1...vid-deaths-date-among-fully-vaccinated-scots/

No link given for their headline in government numbers.
The number you see per week in their reports, depends on the week, but a matching one said 41 died with C19 on the Death Cert, without mention of vaccines.
Could be an "unfortunate misquote" then. Typical of the crap you get in crap newspapers like that.

Over 10,000 have died in Scotland of C19 so even if it's 41, so what?

If everyone gets vaccinated, 100% of the covid deaths will be among the vaccinated. We all know that.

If you keep posting crap like that in big bold text it makes you look more interested in your personal inclinations, than truth.

The number you see per week in their reports, depends on the week, but a matching one said 41 died with C19 on the Death Cert, without mention of vaccines.

I don't know what point you have in mind.

Obviously the number deaths to date is in no way comparable with the number of deaths in a week.

You will have noticed from the link I provided that a very much smaller percentage of vaccinated people are still getting infected, and some of them are getting ill, but very few of them are dying

Sadly the same cannot be said for the unvaccinated.

I don't know what point you have in mind.

Obviously the number deaths to date is in no way comparable with the number of deaths in a week.

Trying to make sense of your post and see why it justifies bold type.
41 to date - so what?

Yeah, people die....
even in Scotland....
and...?

Trying to make sense of your post and see why it justifies bold type.
41 to date - so what?

Yeah, people die....
even in Scotland....
and...?
The bold type will be because it's copied from the title of the article .

The 41 is implied to be a low number, although it's a bit short and light on details to justify that.

:ROFLMAO:

fifty.jpg

opening up bars and nightclubs, with cases soaring, has attracted attention around the world.

One journalist writes:

"...Most of my break was spent in the UK, where I was visiting my parents for the first time since 2019. My visit coincided with Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s declaration of “freedom day” earlier this week, which happened shortly after I returned to the US. For those who were not paying attention, that meant that England was scrapping any remaining barriers to what people could do, whether they were vaccinated or not. Scenes of unmasked masses attending nightclubs were shown around the world.

Let me put this in perspective. Coming from a UK-designated amber country (the US), I would still have to do everything I just described above. You quarantine for 10 days at a chosen residence in England; you submit tests to the authorities on day two and day eight. If you wish to be let out after five days you can do a test-to-release on day five. The latter is what I did in order to catch up with colleagues in London.

"...This is in spite of the fact that the US infection rate is a fifth of the UK’s (they’re both running at about 40,000 new Covid-19 cases a day). It does not take a degree in mathematics to figure out the nonsensical asymmetry of this..."

"Perhaps Britain’s colour-coding system for people coming in from abroad will now catch up with the domestic free-for-all. But in practice, it should be more like the other way round. Britain’s daily infections have risen by a factor of 10 in the past two months and are set to double again to 100,000 according to Britain’s health secretary, Sajid Javid, who has come down with Covid. True, the hospitalisation rate is far lower than before because most adults are vaccinated.

But the rate of breakthrough infections — affecting people who are double-jabbed — is soaring, which gives the virus far greater opportunities to mutate. If, as many scientists are forecasting, Britain now generates an even more contagious strain, we should drop the ancient Greek sequencing and call it the Boris variant. This decision has been his and his alone — and it is an act of pyromania."

This country needs to get a grip

this is not France , were incidentally tear gas has been deployed against the rioters who are using this virus caper as an excuse to go on the pinch ;)

Some off-topic, ad hominem and unhelpful posts have been removed
Notice above applies to posts before this one - Mod
--

There will always be bad news stories. Journalists only really like bad news and will always tend to twist things to make it look bad even when it's usually not so bad. There do seem to be a number of people on here that are particularly gleeful when they cut and paste the bad news stuff though.

Last edited by a moderator:
it would seem PCR testing is down 44% over the last week or so.

which makes the argument "we are over the peak" rather unproven

Sponsored Links
Back