good shot!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having seen the news report about the shooting of two armed robbers, i thought tough luck, you live by the sword you die by the sword.

or are we dealing with trigger happy rozzers here?

do you feel safer in the knowledge police are armed and ready to kill or do you feel afraid?

part of me thinks they were justified. quite a big part.

Sponsored Links
I remember watching an episode of the Sweeney back in the late seventies about a gunman holding hostages and Hoskin (I think that was his bosses name) refused to give the authority to kill him. It ended in the death of someone innocent and Reagan said to Hoskin "You gave him an inch and he took his mile".

Same thing today - but they never gave them their inch - and they never took their mile.

Then again - who gave a policeman the right to be judge, jury and executioner?

why pussy foot about shoot first ask question's later :mad: and way two many of our cops get killed trying to work by the book ,these :evil: scum try to get something for noting but met there waterloo,sleep tigth knowing there is two less crooks on the streets looking for easy pickings, and ther guns now in safe hands :LOL: :cool:

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Then again - who gave a policeman the right to be judge, jury and executioner?

The bloke thats stupid enough to point a weapon at him

tim west said:
Frank Haskin rings a bell

it was Frank Haskins, played by Garfield Morgan

he also appeared in on the busses

garfield_morgan_on_the_buses.jpg

Back to the guns.

I was having a Coffee in a garge and an armed P.O came in,(small gun in holster on his side) not getting the chance to see real guns, i asked him what it was ( i have forgoton his intial reply as to what make :oops: ) But he said, go out side and see my mates in the car.

So i did, 3 of them sitting in there all with semi automatic machine guns sitting on their laps. They told me they were part of some local initative for gun crime

Thermo said:
The bloke thats stupid enough to point a weapon at him

Ne'er a truer word spoken sir.

Why do we arm our Police if we don't want them to shoot criminals?

I'd rather see 1000 armed robbers/gang members/ drug dealers shot than one more police officer. If you pick up a weapon and use it to commit a crime then I believe you forfeit the right to a "reasonable reaction" from the police.

But then I'm very right wing when it comes to such things, I believe that they should re-introduce the death penalty for someone who kills a bobby in the line of duty. Assaulting a police officer should carry a stiffer penalty, and the CPS should stop lowering the charges to just an assault.

I also think that "home-grown" terrorists should be tried for treason and hung on conviction.

Anyone voting for me as PM? :LOL:

BoxBasher said:
Why do we arm our Police if we don't want them to shoot criminals?

not to mention Brazilian electricians, and Irish pensioners carrying a broken table-leg to the menders.

JohnD said:
and Irish pensioners carrying a broken table-leg to the menders.

Facts Sir:

If you have a table leg in a bag and are instructed to put it down by a police officer who is pointing a gun at you do you really think it is a good idea to point it in their direction holding it as if it was a gun? Great joke, shame about the punchline. I also wasn't aware you could get table legs mended in a pub...

You cannot make a correlation between "Mr De Menezes" and armed robbers running from a bank. I don't think the truth will ever come out regarding the tube shooting, but there must be a cover up because the officers who shot the "table leg guy" were suspended, charged, charges dropped, re charged for years afterwards. Somebody up top knows what happened and has dealt with it (probably not to the satisfaction of all those affected).

I know it's not a fair statement, but it is my opinion: If he'd left the country when his visa ran out he wouldn't have been there would he? And as for his Brazilian family calling our police "heavy handed" - have they ever been to Rio? At least we have Barnardo's not death squads...

BoxBasher said:
Facts Sir:
I don't think the truth will ever come out regarding the tube shooting, but there must be a cover up because the officers who shot the "table leg guy" were suspended, charged, charges dropped, re charged for years afterwards. Somebody up top knows what happened and has dealt with it (probably not to the satisfaction of all those affected).
Those are not facts, but matters of wildly inaccurate opinion and supposition. So much so that it makes me doubt the verity of your posts in general.

The CPS claims that it has not been provided with enough evidence to charge individual officers, but the last I read about it this decision was to be challenged by the bereaved family in the High Court.

I believe that other charges were brought though, against the Metropolitan Police, and that this trial has not yet taken place.

what about the woman police officer shot and killed in yorkhire last year , when she went to anwers a call for help, :eek: she got shot as she came across the street no crook told her to hit the deck, still it was HER OWN FAULT no -one made her join the cops .one of the guys who did it is back in africa getting a new name so he can come back when he likes get dole, and visted the two who got caught and are now in jail ,
its seems to me the system works like this if any think gose wrong blame the cops if it gose rigth give the home office a slap on the back, the press on the other hand will screw every one cop or M.P. to sell a copy ot there rag the silly cop who put his life on the line for us yes all of us IS THE LOOSER, not the dead crook :mad:

Sponsored Links
Back