Government Advice about Return of Schools

Sponsored Links
Children are returning to school all over Europe, why shouldn't ours? the only conspiracy I see is by the teaching unions. Get the shirkers back to work.

Boyo I thought we are not supposed to make country comparisons anymore. :p

Sponsored Links
They mean "when it shows UK to be doing a bad job"

"The UK has suffered the highest rate of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic among countries that produce comparable data, according to excess mortality figures.

The UK has registered 59,537 more deaths than usual since the week ending March 20, indicating that the virus has directly or indirectly killed 891 people per million. At this stage of the pandemic, that is a higher rate of death than in any country for which high-quality data exist.

The absolute number of excess deaths in the UK is also the highest in Europe, and second only to the US in global terms, according to data collected by the Financial Times.

The country fares no better on another measure: the percentage increase in deaths compared with normal levels, where the UK once again is the worst hit in Europe and behind only Peru internationally.

The data were compiled from national statistical agencies for 19 countries for which sufficient information exists to make robust comparisons. The figures include all of the European countries hit hard by coronavirus. The periods for comparison are from when death rates in individual countries climbed above five-year averages."

This is what Johnson calls "a success"

https___d6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.net_prod_f8c61bd0-a01d-11ea-a59e-29f0039e1e32-standard.jpeg

The UK has suffered the highest rate of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic
that's what happens when spin is put above governance

This government uses very similar tactics to the Trump administration, I wonder how the US are doing.

Sponsored Links
Back