Government lifting restrictions on parks and beaches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shamelessly stolen from somewhere else but I thought you may be interested.
upload_2020-4-11_0-9-12.png

Sponsored Links
I'm lucky I haven't got time for the beach, started a few big projects at home that I wanted to do last year but just didn't have the time. For a lot of people, boredom must be the main enemy.

Got to feel sorry for people who live in flats without gardens etc. A friend of mine lives in a flat, with her flatmate, No wifi, no garden, she's been trying to work (personal training) by streaming fitness workouts on zoom via her mobile. She's making just enough to cover her bills.

Sponsored Links
Got to feel sorry for people who live in flats without gardens etc.

You can queue up to buy your easter eggs at 2m distance but not be 2m apart on a beach or in a park.

People with no outside space will eventually decide to not follow the 'rules', and that doesn't necessarily make them a member of matty's list!

You can sit in the park and do yoga, but not sit in the park and have a picnic. IMO I don't see anything wrong with a picnic, but the parks aren't big enough for everyone, so it needs to be discouraged.

Lots of of things seem reasonable, but then we are reminded that 1,000 people a day are dying from it.

You can sit in the park and do yoga, but not sit in the park and have a picnic. IMO I don't see anything wrong with a picnic, but the parks aren't big enough for everyone, so it needs to be discouraged.
And yet no restrictions on the length of supermarket queues.
But as far as I can see, around here people are self regulating.
That's usually the best way, as although you'll get the odd idiot then sensible people will give them a wide berth.
Draconian measures usually tend to have unintended consequences!

Got to feel sorry for people who live in flats without gardens
I think a lot of the smug finger pointing comes from those who obviously don't have such cramped conditions. It's those with young bored kids in cramped flats without gardens, whose lives must be intolerable by now.

We (my wife and two sprogs really) are an outdoorsy family who enjoy anything fitness related. I'm sure there are lazy slobs with game consoles on full throttle and they have uttered "what lockdown...?"

And yet no restrictions on the length of supermarket queues.
But as far as I can see, around here people are self regulating.
That's usually the best way, as although you'll get the odd idiot then sensible people will give them a wide berth.
Draconian measures usually tend to have unintended consequences!
Could argue that supermarkets are essential - we all need to eat. But we don't all need to have a picnic in a park..

I think a lot of the smug finger pointing comes from those who obviously don't have such cramped conditions. It's those with young bored kids in cramped flats without gardens, whose lives must be intolerable by now.
It must be hard with kids and no garden. My daughter and her boyfriend who are both working from home have a flat with no balcony and it’s driving them bonkers. At least families that live in the same household can all go for a walk together (my daughter and boyfriend both go out for a cycle) which might be some small consolation.

If you bored you must have a serious lack of imagination
I cant remember when I felt bored, Ive always got something to think about and get on with.

But it must be hard for people living in flats at the moment.

Could argue that supermarkets are essential - we all need to eat. But we don't all need to have a picnic in a park..
So risk wise it's ok to queue for ages and then wander around an enclosed shop where there are always some people who flout the one way systems because they forgot their favourite Mr Kippling cakes whilst using a trolley that countless others have touched?

But not an ok risk to sit in a park or on a beach with no one around you?

As has been mentioned, people with a garden have an advantage at this time.
A little bit of common sense is also required, but that again is a bit tricky as over time legislation of the minutiae of our lives has deadened that ability!
The police telling people they are not allowed in their own gardens or threatening to inspect their shopping trolleys for 'non essential' items is a fine example of that!

Most people would deem alcohol as 'non essential', but not to an alcoholic!

Sponsored Links
Back