Government lifting restrictions on parks and beaches

There is no choice other than to go out to buy food. If there were then you could stay home and do that.

Sitting on a park bench is not necessary, let alone essential.
Plus of course, there's only no one around you because everyone else is not doing it.

Sponsored Links
So risk wise it's ok to queue for ages and then wander around an enclosed shop where there are always some people who flout the one way systems because they forgot their favourite Mr Kippling cakes whilst using a trolley that countless others have touched?

But not an ok risk to sit in a park or on a beach with no one around you?

As has been mentioned, people with a garden have an advantage at this time.
A little bit of common sense is also required, but that again is a bit tricky as over time legislation of the minutiae of our lives has deadened that ability!
The police telling people they are not allowed in their own gardens or threatening to inspect their shopping trolleys for 'non essential' items is a fine example of that!

Most people would deem alcohol as 'non essential', but not to an alcoholic!
The problem is that if it starts to be ok, then we see scenes like the hot weekend we had a couple of weekends ago. Places like Brighton beach were packed. Where do you draw the line? Is it not better to be heavy handed because people are lacking in common sense? I'd rather it was strict, proper strict then this will all be over sooner.

Of course it's risky to go shopping, I never said it wasn't. As I said before, which you ignored, shopping is a necessity - we HAVE to eat.

So risk wise it's ok to queue for ages and then wander around an enclosed shop where there are always some people who flout the one way systems because they forgot their favourite Mr Kippling cakes whilst using a trolley that countless others have touched?

But not an ok risk to sit in a park or on a beach with no one around you?
Indeed....eating is a life or death activity.Sitting in the park is not

Sponsored Links
The problem is that if it starts to be ok, then we see scenes like the hot weekend we had a couple of weekends ago. Places like Brighton beach were packed. Where do you draw the line? Is it not better to be heavy handed because people are lacking in common sense? I'd rather it was strict, proper strict then this will all be over sooner.

Of course it's risky to go shopping, I never said it wasn't. As I said before, which you ignored, shopping is a necessity - we HAVE to eat.
In all fairness, this is not a policing issue; it is the thickos / intransigents who can't / won't keep a reasonable distance that are the problem. No amount of enforcement will make someone smarter, and intransigents are. by nature, liable to argue the toss with enforcement anyway. 'Tis what they do.....

WRT the "strict now, lockdown over sooner", that's a nice notion, but not currently supported by any evidence (although I stand to be corrected).
i. herd immunity is not yet proven, for CV (reinfection not ruled out; numbers of infected in UK not known; closure of borders not likely (so "UK; we're clean!" is irrelevant);
ii. vaccine at least 12-18 months away;
iii. no treatment for those infected, beyond "keep them alive and hope they get better themselves".

The police telling people they are not allowed in their own gardens or threatening to inspect their shopping trolleys for 'non essential' items is a fine example of that!

It's a fact that the police apply laws exactly as stated. One reason can be to clarify things so inspect what's in a shopping trolley.
Sit 2m away on a park bench from some one who is not a member of your family and they wont bother you but might point out that some one else might like to use it.

If you aren't happy with it blame the idiots who need it and boris's lot for making them law.

Also make a fuss about very few cases out of 1000's of them some of which have needed fines.

In the third example, presumably the Magistrates - i.e Clerk of the Court - knew no better either.

Oh - in passing - have all the stabbings stopped while the police are busy?

How big was the garden, what were the kids doing. Were the parents about - some kids need control.
Maybe he was a drug dealer or doing an errand for some one he shouldn't have
What was the charge and why did they apply it. When stopped by the police I get out and say Is there some problem officer. ;) If I get the chance. I don't start ranting and raving at them. Some do. I haven't been stopped for years.

Lastly - would I start a thread like this based on a few reported instances out of thousands of them. No I live on planet earth and not zod. The earth isn't a perfect place. More importantly a lot of reporting is hoping to inflame a few. So I'd say grow up as well.

The one that overcomes it for me is fear of drowning in my own fluids..If you bored you must have a serious lack of imagination
thats quite an unfair comment people can have fantastic imaginations and perhaps you can fulfil you needs and thoughts indoors where as others need a more hands on or perhaps material based need to be creative that cant be achieved within 4 walls

In all fairness, this is not a policing issue; it is the thickos / intransigents who can't / won't keep a reasonable distance that are the problem. No amount of enforcement will make someone smarter, and intransigents are. by nature, liable to argue the toss with enforcement anyway. 'Tis what they do.....

WRT the "strict now, lockdown over sooner", that's a nice notion, but not currently supported by any evidence (although I stand to be corrected).
i. herd immunity is not yet proven, for CV (reinfection not ruled out; numbers of infected in UK not known; closure of borders not likely (so "UK; we're clean!" is irrelevant);
ii. vaccine at least 12-18 months away;
iii. no treatment for those infected, beyond "keep them alive and hope they get better themselves".

According to a scientist working for some British drug company on the radio this morning they are 80% there with a vaccine?

Dunno what 80% really means but she said it may be available by the end of the year its being worked on 24 /7

80% there

It's the first 80% that takes 80% of the time.

The remaining 20% takes.

the other 80% of the time.

If you listen

carefully to her words, she appears to

have been ordered

to make a statement that sounds.

positive
But is full of ambiguity and prevarication.

If you're building a plane, and haven't managed to make it fly yet, can you seriously say what date it will be on the mass market?

yes 80% is nothing really thats just the organizing and making things available
like making a cake and building a house the first 80% can take a week the next 20% can take a month or a year who knows
as always its manipulating figures to give a possibly false impression in a similar way to the johnston [Dominic Cummings] regime using only positive words even when not appropriate to give false hope and an impression off far greater progress or far better situation than reality

Sponsored Links
Back