Great Political Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
woodbine said:
"The 2012 UN international rape rate comparison showed Sweden to have the highest rate of rape in Europe and the second highest in the world"

Interesting use of selective quoting.

The page actually says:

"Police procedures and legal definitions vary widely around the world, making an international comparison meaningless.

As usual you're inventing stuff. Show me where I said this, LIAR.

It increased since 2010 in Malmö.

True dat.
Well, woody, you have had two months to retract your accusation or provide some evidence to support it. You have failed miserably to even attempt either.
As your question displayed an obvious lack of comprehension about the subject that you alleged that I plagiarised, I gave you the opportunity to demonstrate your understanding of Relative Humidity. You have noticeably refused to attempt to do so. Resorting instead to juvenile insults, trolling and attempts at humour.

If you had half as much decency and honour as you have willingness to make these frivolous accusations and juvenile comments, you would have attempted at least one of the options.
Maybe each time our paths cross on this site I will remind you of your insincerity, lack of ability and willingness to flippantly arraign others, until such time as you have the integrity to retract your accusation or provide some evidence to support it.

Accomplished keyboard warrior you may be, man of substance and integrity you are not!

Woodbine uses selective quoting in order to mislead.

By omitting the important information from the page he quotes, he manages to give a false impression.

Observe the first sentence I quote below:

Interesting use of selective quoting.

The page actually says:

"Police procedures and legal definitions vary widely around the world, making an international comparison meaningless.

The 2012 UN international rape rate comparison showed Sweden to have the
highest rate of rape in Europe and the second highest in the world, but the report did not contain data for a total of 63 countries that did not submit any statistics, including, for example, South Africa, where other earlier surveys indicated a very high rape rate.

The most recent Eurostat data for the 28 EU countries also puts Sweden in the top spot.

But
the agency warns that comparisons between different countries should be avoided because of differences between their legal and criminal justice systems, recording practices, reporting rates, efficiencies of criminal justice organisations and types of offences included in the categories."

Too difficult for you, I suppose.

The other link says :

"the official figures show that some countries like Hong Kong and Mongolia have zero cases reported."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19592372

So do you believe that Hong Kong is infinitely better than Sweden?

He denies selective quoting.

His denial is false.

Sponsored Links
John, with all due respect, I think your original comment should have been addressed to woody's comment, not to woodbine's post. Easy typo mistake?
I do not enjoy the act of being seen to support woodbine because of the tone of his other comments, but sadly on this occasion it might help to clarify things a little. Woodbine's post was a simple statement without any supporting arguments, quotes, or evidence, as is usual of his posts. I detect no evidence of later editing.
I would hope that you do not behave like woody and place more value in ego above integrity.
If woodbine has similar integrity, I suspect a simple acknowledgement of your mistake would suffice, even if made through gritted teeth. ;)
Edit: For greater clarity:
upload_2017-2-26_12-3-29.png

Whereas woody's post was:
upload_2017-2-26_12-4-47.png

Last edited:
Your mistakes don't define your character. It's what you do after you have made the mistake that makes all the difference.
Dave Willis

An excellent article by Amy Rees Anderson. I will post a few excerpts:
It takes tremendous fortitude to utter the words “I was wrong, and I am sorry”........
So often in business I deal with people who believe that admitting they were wrong shows weakness or ineptness. The danger of that belief, especially when it is held by people in positions of power or authority, is that it backs a leader into defending their poor choices, even when they themselves have come to recognize they were wrong.....
In their minds they see this as a way to save face, or prove they are deserving of their power, or retain respect for their intelligence. Sadly, they don’t accomplish any of those things. In fact, they accomplish the exact opposite....
I don’t know exactly why so many in the world carry that false belief that admitting their mistakes makes them weak
https://www.forbes.com/sites/amyand...e-you-weak-it-makes-you-awesome/#587673fb376b

If people cannot admit their mistakes on an anonymous website, how, the heck, do they manage in real-life?

Please stop asking me about relative humidity. I don't know anything about it.

When I mentioned RH in your other thread, I was referring to relative halfwit and wondered if you could assist with my theory that 50% RH would equate to a quarter wit?

Do you have a plagiarised paper on this matter, wannabeRH?

Please stop asking me about relative humidity. I don't know anything about it.
That is blindingly obvious. Yet you had the audacity to accuse me of plagiarism when you could not understand the paper!
Why don't you just synthesize all of that into something that is actually readable and understandable by people who are likely to be here on a diy forum, rather than plagarising someone elses stuff?

i.e. what are you on about?
You cannot spell plagiarising. Do you even know what it means?

So how do you manage in real life if you cannot face up to your mistakes on an anonymous website?
When you make a mistake, do you blame others for it? Do you pretend it was not you? Do you hide it and walk away?

I get by thanks. (y)

Btw wannabeXerox, one does not have to have detailed knowledge about a subject to see that text has been blatantly copied and passed off as original

Btw wannabeXerox, one does not have to have detailed knowledge about a subject to see that text has been blatantly copied and passed off as original
One does need to provide some evidence for an accusation to be credible. An accusation without evidence destroys the credibility of the accuser. So far your credibility is in the same hole that you dug for yourself.
I could state that the moon is made of paper, but without some evidence it is a joke.
Without evidence your accusation is exactly that, a joke! A claim without substance, rather like yourself.

You dug yourself into a hole as soon as you accused me of plagiarism without evidence You have had two months to find and provide some evidence. So far you have provided zilch! You have not even attempted to support your accusation. You may have tried and failed, but you have not disclosed that.

There is only two ways out of that hole, retract your accusation (you have demonstrated that you do not have the balls to admit your mistakes), or provide some evidence (I know you cannot do that). So you are stuck in your hole.
No amount of trolling will get you out of your hole. It will just dig that hole deeper and reinforce your reputation as a troll, lacking integrity and substance.

I will offer you a new way out of your hole; retract your accusation, then I will re-post my paper, then you can have as long as you like to find some evidence that I copied my paper from anywhere, then when you provide that evidence, I will be the one that would be obliged to apologise and backtrack.
Do you have the courage to accept that challenge?

You obviously (and so did JohnD) thought the paper was of some value and credibility because it was so good you both thought I must have copied it from somewhere.

I will offer you a new way out of your hole; retract your accusation, then I will re-post my paper,
Nobody is interested. You've posted 151 posts of utter dross since you've been back Himmy, am sure can live without another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back