Harry and Meghan

Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone presents an argument based on an anecdote, I immediately suspect their 'evidence'.
I'll look back and see if there's anything of worth being investigated further. But on first glance, it was anecdotal nonsense based on a supposedly email.

I just checked, it was a critique of her choice of clothes, based on an email. :rolleyes:

You want me to check if the email was an accurate critique of her clothes? :rolleyes:

She never claimed any specific ethnicity, She repeatedly stated that all records of her family's origins do not exist. That was normal for slavers to eradicate the family records of their slaves.
How can a critique of her clothes in comparison to her claimed ethnicity be accurate, if she never claimed any specific ethnicity? :rolleyes:
The information in the e-mail tells of her careful selection of styles from different tribal ethnicities to present an African appearance - like the Chinese ambassador turning up at court wearing a bowler hat, a denim jacket, chinos and brogues. All western clothes but bloody odd, wouldn't you say?

Sponsored Links
Let's just say she appears to be 'economical with the truth'.
It was a straight forward question and she chose to be evasive about her answer, like you do when anyone asks you anything you regard as personal. Then she squealed about racism. Again, like you do. Are you both related by any chance?
She was asked where she was from, an she gave a normal answer.
She was repeatedly asked where she was from, several times. She became (understandably) annoyed by the interogation.
There was nothing straight forward about repeatedly asking someone where they are from.
You can apply your own opinion and prejudice about the event, but it doesn't change the facts.

The information in the e-mail tells of her careful selection of styles from different tribal ethnicities to present an African appearance - like the Chinese ambassador turning up at court wearing a bowler hat, a denim jacket, chinos and brogues. All western clothes but bloody odd, wouldn't you say?
And any comparison with her claimed ethnicity ( she stated that she had no records of her family's history) is total nonsense.
She has no knowledge of her family's specific tribal origins, so any comparison is palpable nonsense.

In her current life, she has taken to wearing African clothing and jewellery, as well as affecting an African hairstyle, presenting herself visually in all respect as an African woman, fully reflecting her adopted African culture.

This, conveniently is published in full on Twitter, which has Sue Hussey asking the self-styled Ngozi Fulani, “Where are you from”?

To this, Fulani responds, “Sistah Space”, which has Hussey asking: “No, where do you come from?”. Fulani evades the question, replying that “we’re based in Hackney”. Hussey returns with a more direct question: “No, what part of Africa are YOU from”.

One might recall that this question is addressed to a woman who has adopted an African name (on her name badge, that Hussey had seen), embraces African culture as “her” culture, and wears obviously African-style clothing and jewellery.
At this point, which is probably crucial, Fulani doesn’t deny that she’s from Africa. Rather, she says to the question “what part of Africa do you come from”, “I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records”.

Hussey has now, effectively been suckered into a trap. She tells this woman who so demonstrably embraces an African culture and who does not deny coming from Africa, “Well, you must know where you come from. I spent time in France”. She then asks again, “Where are you from?”

Fulani responds, “here in the UK”, leaving a puzzled Hussey to say, “No, but what nationality are you?”. Says Fulani, “I am born here and am British”, with Hussey rattling back: “No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from”.

Once again, we need to remind ourselves that Fulani is masquerading as an African, and has embraced the African culture. But, despite identifying so closely with African people, she chooses an aggressive response, feigning injured innocence with: “My people, lady, what is that?”

Well, if you adopt an African name, dress like an African and adopt the culture of an African, and then say you are British, to be asked where you’re really from is just polite conversation.

Sponsored Links
In her current life, she has taken to wearing African clothing and jewellery, as well as affecting an African hairstyle, presenting herself visually in all respect as an African woman, fully reflecting her adopted African culture.
So no specific "tribal" costume then?
The article compared her dress style with specific "tribal" costumes. :rolleyes:
And you wanted me to investigate the accuracy of the email? :rolleyes:

Well, if you adopt an African name, dress like an African and adopt the culture of an African, and then say you are British, to be asked where you’re really from is just polite conversation.
Yes, irrelevant of your choice of clothes, it's normal polite conversation to ask where someone is from.
To persist with your line of questioning as though you don't believe their first (or second, or third or fourth) question goes way beyond polite conversation.

A bit like; if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck?
So the next time you go to a fancy dress party, you'll insist that the person dressed like a duck is really a duck? :rolleyes:

Are you really that quackers?

So no specific "tribal" costume then?
The article compared her dress style with specific "tribal" costumes. :rolleyes:
And you wanted me to investigate the accuracy of the email? :rolleyes:

Yes, irrelevant of your choice of clothes, it's normal polite conversation to ask where someone is from.
To persist with your line of questioning as though you don't believe their first (or second, or third or fourth) question goes way beyond polite conversation.
This appears to be a source of confusion since it attributes an intention rather than an honest attempt to make herself clear. The Lady seems to me to be making repeated attempts to clarify her question.

This appears to be a source of confusion since it attributes an intention rather than an honest attempt to make herself clear. The Lady seems to me to be making repeated attempts to clarify her question.
Yeah, like:
Lady SH: “Where are you from?”
Ms Fulani: “Sistah Space.”
Lady SH: “No where do you come from?
Ms Fulani: “We’re based in Hackney.”
Lady SH: “No, what part of Africa are YOU from?”
Ms Fulani: “I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records.”
Lady SH: “Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?”
Ms Fulani: “Here, UK”
Lady SH: “No, but what nationality are you?”
Ms Fulani: “I am born here and am British.”
Lady SH: “No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?”
Ms Fulani: “‘My people’? Lady, what is this?”
Lady SH: “Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you’re from. When did you first come here?”
Ms Fulani: “Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50’s when …”
Lady SH: “Oh, I knew we’d get there in the end, you’re Caribbean!”

It's a constant recurring conversation encountered by most ethnic minority people.
It's a classic case of unconscious racism.
Many people, not just royalty, do need awareness training of unconscious bias.

They show little sign of wanting to 'get away from it all' and, because they're involved in showbusiness, they need to find a way to keep the dollars rolling in.
First of all, they wouldn't start a business called
The couple's media company, Archewell Productions,
If they wanted to 'get away from it all'.
There were certain aspects of their life that they wanted to leave behind.

I'm pleased to see Harry also referring to the unconscious bias:
Harry discusses the "huge level of unconscious bias" in the Royal Family in episode three.

The Netflix documentary then references when Princess Michael of Kent wore a Blackamoor-style brooch to the Queen's annual Christmas banquet at Buckingham Palace 2017 - an event where Meghan was in attendance.

"In this family, sometimes you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution. There is a huge level of unconscious bias.

"The thing with unconscious bias, it is actually no one's fault. But once it has been pointed out, or identified within yourself you then need to make it right.

"It is education. It is awareness. It is a constant work in progress for everybody, including me."

Has anyone ever noticed that Megan isn't black, they can't even get that bit right! I know she's always claiming racism but she's as white as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back