Has Truss resigned yet?

Thanks to the Tories, the UK continues to be the worlds' laughing stock. Have they banned Boris from Parliament yet?

Sponsored Links
Boris was brilliant - I want him back in charge
Boris was a terrible (sacked) PM, a self-obsessed liar and the first sitting PM to be prosecuted. He lied to The Queen, Parliament and the country. He needs to retire to a ditch, a fridge or underneath a bulldozer - pronto.

Not sure if already covered in the thread, however to be an effective leader, it's useful to have charisma as well as (in the case of politics) robust well thought out policies to underpin everything. The Conservatives don't currently have the latter, and Truss definitely doesn't have the former.

The way she read out her speech yesterday was very strange. A combo that came across as 'I'm reading this for the first time myself' and 'I only learned to read a year or so back.' Very stilted, very strange. Even the way she answered the questions, was it maybe an AI robot in her place? That's what it came across like.

I'm not even typing this in a 'poking fun' way, I'm being completely serious.

Sponsored Links
delivered a stonking majority against a highly popular opposition full of promise. Thrashed them in to the weeds.

Got us through covid, stood up to putin and trusted some untrustworthy people.
It seems like you haven’t done your research.

Johnson didn’t stand upto Putin, the Tories literally were bankrolled by Putins money.

Johnson didn’t stand upto Putin, the Tories literally were bankrolled by Putins money.
It's all a swamp with many people in power in said swamp whether dipping their toes or up to their neck.

I watched a tv documentary a couple of weeks back re man found in a suitcase. In the documentary, they mentioned a scheme/policy George Osborne came up with to attract more inward investment. I can't remember if it was explicitly targeted at Russians or anyone who was eligible. It was something like if you had £2+ million to invest in the UK, your UK citizenship was fast-tracked.

The people on the documentary stated how the scheme/policy had the desired effect, Russian money flooded in. The issue was, the source of said money wasn't always above board as such. And those behind it i.e. granted their speedy-pass to UK citizenship, weren't always as pure as the driven snow let's say.

Then, a couple of decades later, politicians from the same party are standing behind their podiums, serious face, serious tone, sincere thumb pointing, saying how they're going to root out corrupt Russian money and those behind it.

You couldn't make it up. It's little wonder some countries undoubtedly look on the UK people as useful idiots.

It feels like Truss is being left in place as a figurehead whilst the core/rump of the party tries to run the government despite her.

It's all a swamp with many people in power in said swamp whether dipping their toes or up to their neck.

I watched a tv documentary a couple of weeks back re man found in a suitcase. In the documentary, they mentioned a scheme/policy George Osborne came up with to attract more inward investment. I can't remember if it was explicitly targeted at Russians or anyone who was eligible. It was something like if you had £2+ million to invest in the UK, your UK citizenship was fast-tracked.

The people on the documentary stated how the scheme/policy had the desired effect, Russian money flooded in. The issue was, the source of said money wasn't always above board as such. And those behind it i.e. granted their speedy-pass to UK citizenship, weren't always as pure as the driven snow let's say.

Then, a couple of decades later, politicians from the same party are standing behind their podiums, serious face, serious tone, sincere thumb pointing, saying how they're going to root out corrupt Russian money and those behind it.

You couldn't make it up. It's little wonder some countries undoubtedly look on the UK people as useful idiots.
to be fair, Putin duped many countries.

Germany and lots of Europe have been seduced by cheap Russian energy, not realising Putin has been playing the long game

It feels like Truss is being left in place as a figurehead whilst the core/rump of the party tries to run the government despite her.
That’s exactly what is going on.

Truss didn’t choose Jeremy Hunt or the U turns, or sacking Kwarteng, she was given orders.

Not realising Putin has been playing the long game

It was the only game he excelled at, his military have been outthought and outfought.

One wonders whether his Ego can accept this, and what will the future bring.

Sponsored Links
Back