Has Truss resigned yet?

Is that a euphemism for "the most ill-conceived and economically ignorant action in the history of the British parliament". All those years of waiting to put their idiotic economic ideas into action only to be shown by the world that they really hadn't a clue
The idea that recent events have been a set-up to 'show who is really in charge' cannot be completely dismissed.

In reality, if Tory MP's had backed Truss/Kwarteng and hadn't soiled their pants (wonder why they did?) then no-one would be commenting on the mini-budget now. No-one would have been breathlessly shouting on a minute-by-minute basis about the 'pound in freefall'.

Anyway, the pantomime is over, welcome to a few more years of completely unnecessary, ideologically driven austerity.

Sponsored Links
The idea that recent events have been a set-up to 'show who is really in charge' cannot be completely dismissed.

In reality, if Tory MP's had backed Truss/Kwarteng and hadn't soiled their pants (wonder why they did?) then no-one would be commenting on the mini-budget now. No-one would have been breathlessly shouting on a minute-by-minute basis about the 'pound in freefall'.

Anyway, the pantomime is over, welcome to a few more years of completely unnecessary, ideologically driven austerity.
Yes. They could have just digitally made more money instead

So, would you rather she carried on with policy one or swapped to policy two?
She isn't going to lose her place as PM because she chose to scrap her plans

She's going to lose her place as PM because she was forced to scrap her plans. Politics is about perception, Truss is unpopular and worst of all she is seen as weak. She talked big about sticking to her plans, doing unpopular things, delivering her promises, then she folded like Origami paper.

Sponsored Links
She isn't going to lose her place as PM because she chose to scrap her plans

She's going to lose her place as PM because she was forced to scrap her plans. Politics is about perception, Truss is unpopular and worst of all she is seen as weak. She talked big about sticking to her plans, doing unpopular things, delivering her promises, then she folded like Origami paper.
this lady is for turning

That's like asking if the nurse should be allowed to carry on as she is, or some other process is adopted. :rolleyes:
The answer of course, is maybe she should never have been put in that position in the first place!
That’s not an answer to the question at all and you know it. We were where we were and the simple question to you was "So, would you rather she carried on with policy one or swapped to policy two?".

If you'd rather not answer because it’s too difficult, just say so and stop the avoidance.

people moaned when the budget came out saying all those things shouldn’t have been done so she reversed them and……they moaned that she reversed it!
Im not sure people are moaning she has reversed them -people are wondering what is her purpose now, everything she stood for has gone

That’s not an answer to the question at all and you know it. We were where we were and the simple question to you was "So, would you rather she carried on with policy one or swapped to policy two?".

If you'd rather not answer because it’s too difficult, just say so and stop the avoidance.
have you stopped beating your wife ?

Back to your "find me an item that is in short supply next Tuesday morning before 0900, from my local Sainsburys, aisle 3, that is on special offer, and has been stacked by Edna the shelf stacker that morning after 0830, and has expired its sell by date, and the barcode ends in a 2." :rolleyes:

I want a fully costed budget, not a 'take a flyer' budget. Neither of your 'options' are acceptable.

Next time you're buying new tyres, do you want this worn out one, or that nearly worn out one? :rolleyes:

I don't see any merit in Truss at all.

For her previous silly statements on pork, and cheese, she was jeered at for her lack of perspective. I and others took the píss out of her antics, on here. She had exposed her personality, inappropriate for a leader, even after Boris. Many couldn't understand what people saw in her when compared with Sunak who, as he kept saying, had acted appropriately when needed, before. A young head, but he had form.

Sunak was eloquent enough about the mechanics of what would happen, but she carried on with her fantasy, avoiding consultation with the OBR as though she knew better.
That's wilful incompetence. She - with the tories, haughtily persisted with zombie government while people looked at their means to live, and cowered from the carcrash two blocks ahead.
Perhaps she was intoxicated with power, but even a conscious drunk knows they're drunk.
It wasn't too far too fast, it was wheelspin and opposite lock while imagining places we aren't near, the other side of brick walls and collapsed roads.
Sobriety and light of newsday must force refocus on reality and her collision damage. She can't be "too busy" to face the world which is telling her she got it wrong.
"Oops", won't do.

The empress has no clothes.

Back to your "find me an item that is in short supply next Tuesday morning before 0900, from my local Sainsburys, aisle 3, that is on special offer, and has been stacked by Edna the shelf stacker that morning after 0830, and has expired its sell by date, and the barcode ends in a 2." :rolleyes:

I want a fully costed budget, not a 'take a flyer' budget. Neither of your 'options' are acceptable.

Next time you're buying new tyres, do you want this worn out one, or that nearly worn out one? :rolleyes:
Still swerving.

Sponsored Links
Back