Hate campaign and incompetent police

How does your daughter feel about all this? You're no doubt a great father but is this a case of fighting a battle she doesn't want to be involved in?
I'm wondering what are the chances of the CCTV tape going "missing" if you pursue an appeal.

Sponsored Links
but is this a case of fighting a battle she doesn't want to be involved in?

That's a good question and thanks for the compliment.
The whole thing was set up by her own aunt, the girl who accused her is her older step brother's partner (he's inside for drug dealing, she's on a conditional discharge herself after a plea bargain) and is living in the aunts big home. Her own nan has taken the horrible aunt's side. They have always put the feckless step brother above my daughter and still do.
There's been a hate campaign I've already spoken about against my daughter, this cr*p is just another part of that.
She has just had to move out of her childhood home because it's the next door semi to her nans.
Despite all of that and a lot more, she is still mourning the loss of her maternal family, and is heartbroken about it.
She definitely doesn't want to be involved in this, but she wants to be listened to by somebody else other than me and her partner for a change.
The district judge didn't listen to her, her family on her mothers side never have, she was the only one warning them about what was going on with the step brother and partner.
I'd happily do violence to these people and go to jail myself, but she needs me too much, so we are trying to do things the right way.
From what she tells me I'm as near certain as I can be that the CCTV will exonerate her and prove that the witnesses were all lying.
So I'm thinking that if I bring the police's attention to this, even if they do nothing now, they will when she wins her appeal.
Hopefully they will get involved at this stage though, because it wouldn't take much digging for this scheme to be exposed.
That would then hopefully save my daughter the ordeal of the appeal process.

Family disputes ........... You just can't win. Think I'd move to put as much distance from them as possible and make new friends and a new life.
My stepson's wife has turned against me and has turned him against me after 32 years. No one will tell me what I've done or discuss it. Cared for him as if he was my own . Sometimes there is no happy solution to family problems

Family disputes ........... You just can't win. Think I'd move to put as much distance from them as possible and make new friends and a new life.
Sorry that you've had a tough time of it too.. but you gave the best advice ever. What's that saying? You can chose your friends but not your family or something like that. Families, although important, shouldn't drag you down and make you unhappy. When that happens, time to let go.

Sponsored Links
I'd happily do violence to these people and go to jail myself, but she needs me too much, so we are trying to do things the right way.
Best way Sooey.. and you get the added bonus of holding your head up high - be better than them.
Am sorry your daughter has had this outcome, madness for sure. I hope they start listening to you guys at last..

I'd happily do violence to these people and go to jail myself,

Wouldn't you be concerned about the police reading this and your case being compromised?
Two wrongs don't make a right. The second one always makes things more difficult.

Sooey , it won't help your daughter if you do something drastic and get sent to prison. I reckon she needs you on the outside as her supporter .
Tough as it may be I reckon you might have to write all this off as a bad job. Channel your energy into something positive you can win.
Easier said than done I know, I'm not taking not seeing my step grand-daughter very well, she starts pre-school next week but no-one's going to tell me her first day goes.

Sorry to hear about your stepson and granddaughter Dave, hope it gets sorted for you. I don't know how I'd handle it if I couldn't see my grandkids.
As far as doing violence to those other pr1cks is concerned, the only thing that has stopped me over the last couple of years is that I know that my daughter wouldn't be able to handle her dad going inside for gbh on top of everything else, so it won't happen much as I would like it too.

Best thing you can do is show these relations that you're better than they are by going onwards and upwards. Nothing wrong with grassing them up for drug dealing , tax evasion , benefit fraud etc in the future though ( in my opinion ) Show them you and your daughter are better and stronger than they are.
I don't see my situation changing. I can tell my stepson his wife is being unreasonable but he's under the thumb and won't argue my case with her. So to make his life easier I have to swallow this and move on. I'm struggling though.

Sooey, I thought about you and your daughter t'other day in conversation with someone.
I thought about the advice I offered them could also apply to you.
I'm aware that we've had our spats and differences in the past. Obviously you're under no obligation to take my advice, but at least consider it before dismissing it.

I honestly wish you and your daughter peace, serenity and happiness in your lives.
The problem, when we go looking for trouble, adversity and misery, is that normally, that is what we find. Rarely is it replaced by anything else, much less peace, serenity and happiness.
So, if you want peace and happiness in your life, you have to look for it, not look for something else and hope that peace and happiness happens along by accident.

Onwards and upwards and show them you're all better than they are. That will really p*ss them off

Hi people been staying away from here for a while because I was finding myself talking too much about this case. But just a quick update, though I don't think I can go into to many specifics because I now expect this to end in front of a judge and jury at crown court, with the very strong possibility of jail sentences being handed out.
The people who planned this and got two others to execute it wanted an incident to be recorded on CCTV, but at a distance that would render the footage inconclusive.
They didn't allow for the possibility that the CCTV owner would supply the police with footage that included the half hour or so before the planned incident happened.
I now have the footage and can see everything that they did in the run up to the incident, including one of them using her 12 year old daughter as a lookout to alert them the second my daughter arrived.
That's all I can say really, except that I can't wait until April when the appeal is now due.

Sponsored Links
Back