Heateam warning notice

Hi I've checked the flue and it's fine really sturdy I've braced it with metal straps so it's going no were it did have a service last year the installer checked it first service free so then took out the extra warranty with baxi I've spoke to the lad who installed it and he said as the heateam bloke as said it is not to current standard it means nothing

It's still "at risk" with flexible strapping, it has to be supported with fixed rigid brackets.

Unless I could confirm the plastic pipe used for pressure relief was suitable and a HEPVo trap was used i'd NCS it too.

Sounds like it wasn't installed quite right, the heateam guy is just going by the book I think.

Sponsored Links
oh drivel is it ?
people who service boilers for a living are doing a 'made up job', the manufactures say it needs service because its an income for them, directly and indirectly selling parts, which most service engineers change to boost their wages, how often have you frightened the customer by saying
" your fans a bit dodgy mrs, better i change it today and it'll just cost £85 on top of the service rather than having to call me out later and having to pay the call out as well ",
no one can say how long a fan will run, not even mystic meg, its a con,
boilers that are serviced regular, break down more often,
boilers that are serviced regular cost the customer more,
boilers that are serviced regular last just the same time that those that arnt.

Yawn.......finished?

Hope so 'cause talking that much rubbish must mean a frustrated DIYer.

I presume you can point us in the direction of the statistics of where you obtained this drivel?......no thought not.

oh drivel is it ?
people who service boilers for a living are doing a 'made up job', the manufactures say it needs service because its an income for them, directly and indirectly selling parts, which most service engineers change to boost their wages, how often have you frightened the customer by saying
" your fans a bit dodgy mrs, better i change it today and it'll just cost £85 on top of the service rather than having to call me out later and having to pay the call out as well ",
its not just drivel. its utter ****e. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You have to understand that some engineers are over zelous and will nit pick at things.
Like Jackpike says it's usually the fastrack coursemen that are like this because they are a little nervouus and don't fully understand what they are doing (am I making any sense?) so just to be on the safe side they decide to condem it.

Look, it's a bit like having an over zelous MOT tester who fails your car because certain things are not perfect (in his eyes) yet a different mot tester may say that it's fine.

oh drivel is it ?
its not just drivel. its utter s***te. :rolleyes:

Agreed ! servicing boilers saves lives that is a fact! if your willing to come on here and encourage people not to have there boilers serviced then you should be very careful little man :mad:

oh drivel is it ?

what a load of buffalo chips :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You have to understand that some engineers are over zelous and will nit pick at things.
Like Jackpike says it's usually the fastrack coursemen that are like this because they are a little nervouus and don't fully understand what they are doing (am I making any sense?) so just to be on the safe side they decide to condem it.

Look, it's a bit like having an over zelous MOT tester who fails your car because certain things are not perfect (in his eyes) yet a different mot tester may say that it's fine.

I'm not sure I fully agree with this point. I would say the regs are there specfically remove an engineers opinion be it gas regs or MOT.

An installation is either right or it's wrong and if there is a grey area of some sort there's a discrepancy in the regs and not with the engineer.

An engineer can only apply the regs and not his opinion. IMHO :LOL: :LOL:

i work for heateam and i agree with what the engineer did, you have to cover your arse, what happens if the flue comes loose and the engineer wrote or did nothing about it he would get the sack.
i see a lot of crap installations and it is my job as the expert to point these faults out no matter how small or big.
i was told by someone who employs for heateam that about 8 or 9 out of 10 he interviews are no good for the job, so generally if we come round you have a top notch engineer. ok

thats what service men are,, top notch own drum beaters, "if the flue comes loose", and how will that happen ? earthquake perhaps ? plane crashing in roof of house?, subsidance ? get real,
you're right about 8/9 out of 10 not being good enough though, not many can sit in a van all day scratchin their nuts wonderin which course to do next,
you're all just part changers. :D

"if the flue comes loose", and how will that happen ? earthquake perhaps ? plane crashing in roof of house?, subsidance ? get real,

Throwing bags into the loft hatch, walking across the beams frequenly?. I've seen plenty of both single and twin wall flues completely detatched, usually the connection from the precast transition to the ridge and powermax flue pipes. Perhaps instead of running down the heatteam guys who spot and advise the faults it may be better to consider why you dont. ;)

seen flue fall apart before but not clipped it`s ncs if its room sealed howerver
if its opened flued then that`s different story
oh worst to fall apart is precast

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back