Heatslave 12 14 lock out won't reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can some one please advise on a problem im having with my (possessed) boiler. This morning when ive turned the thermostat up to start heating it went into lock out mode.

I waited the two minutes and tried agian but no luck, after about 10 sec of a buzzing sound it locks out again.

In the last three months its had Expansion tank, flexi hose to pump, pump (complete with solinoid) and motor to drive pump replaced (all new) plus service.

i cant believe its broken again. it hasnt run out of fuel but ive bled it any way. the buzzing sounds like its coming from the control unit.

I have scanned all the similar threads on here but no help yet.

thanks in advance for any help

Neil

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the motor isn't actually spinning...the motor should start up for around 8 sec to purge the flue with fresh air before ignition. can you hear this happening?
John :)

sounds like the only bit not replaced is the motor capacitor, which is probably the cause.

from what you have had replaced it would have been cheaper to have had a whole new burner unit complete . They are less than £200 plus vat for a rdb1

Thanks for the response guys, it does sound like the motor isnt turning, i've removed the capacitor and will fit a new one tomorow, will keep you updated with the results.

cheers

Neil

Sponsored Links
By the way an RDB Burner will not fit a Heatslave 12/14 -RDB physically too big!! and they are nearer £350+vat in price too!!

If the Capacitor does not fix your Bentone B9 burner, try a new TF832 Control Box, I've had this fault which has turned out to be the control box a few times now! ;)

By the way an RDB Burner will not fit a Heatslave 12/14 -RDB physically too big!! and they are nearer £350+vat in price too!!

If the Capacitor does not fix your Bentone B9 burner, try a new TF832 Control Box, I've had this fault which has turned out to be the control box a few times now! ;)

Sorry Burnerman,but Heating World of Spares. HWOS. Sell RDB1s for £192+ vat. Check out their site :D

Update

Fitted a new control unit tonight, but that hasn't fixed it. New capacitor tomorow and fingers crossed!!

did you find out what it was in the end? my heatslave 16/19 is doing same thing, though only on CH demand, not hot water only. Annoying cos i don't need any hot water as we have electric backup for that but really WOULD like a heat source, short of burning the garden furniture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back