Help to Identify Vokera Part

Many thanks everyone

Yes it must be the main heat exchanger.

May well just get engineer to get it. He did seem to think he might be able to rob one from a defunct boiler but i'm not sure i'm all that keen on this avenue

Sponsored Links
Ollski wrote

If the connectors on your exsisting one are right angles you need part 5356, if they are horizontal you need 5351.

80SP will only have the ones where a cap nut is fitted. Right angled connections HEs are for 96 model

you're right of course, i looked on 80e rather than 80sp. 80e uses both depending on serial no.

Another issue with Customer supplied parts is one of Warranty
When I supply & fit a part I personally assume responsibillity for the warranty, meaning that if the part fails due to a cause included in the makers warranty I will supply AND FIT another one Free of Charge.

However where the part is Customer supplied, I will do the work involved in replacing the part but all of it is CHARGEABLE

Food for thought OP ( Oh and I do not have a high horse by the way!) ;)

Another issue with Customer supplied parts is one of Warranty
When I supply & fit a part I personally assume responsibillity for the warranty, meaning that if the part fails due to a cause included in the makers warranty I will supply AND FIT another one Free of Charge.

However where the part is Customer supplied, I will do the work involved in replacing the part but all of it is CHARGEABLE

Food for thought OP ( Oh and I do not have a high horse by the way!) ;)

Certainly accept what you're saying here. Valid point

However your attitude of wishing to "let me struggle" in your first reply is NOT what this forum is about. It is about helping people, not trying to hinder them in whatever thier pursuit may be. The only exception to this I can see is someone wanting to do something dangerous

Sponsored Links
The way you first described your situation it looked as if you were trying to get it yourself just to avoid any markup the engineer might have applied.

So it does not surprise me if several people made negative comments towards you.

The warrantee aspect is quite important but few people seem to inderstand it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back