History of the corner shop (immigration)

It is true that migration is what has made us the people and the great nation that we are. Slow, steady assimilation of small numbers over hundreds of years.

But it's different now. The rate of population growth in recent years is massive, look:

Population 1997 (Blair) 58.3 million; 2020 (23 years after Blair) 67 million. Increase 8.7 million or 15%
Population 1974 (23 years before Blair) 56.2 million; 1997 58.3 million. Increase 2.1 million or 4%

The rate of growth of population started increasing in 1979 (Thatcher became PM later in the year), it continued to increase until 2011 (Cameron), since then the rate of growth has been dropping.

Scource- 2nd graph

Sponsored Links
Stop the wars.
On that we agree. Don't waste time trying to stop the drip at the end of the hose, find what's causing the leak and stop it at source.

However that will NEVER happen.

Can I guarantee you something? If humankind ever settles on the moon in any significant numbers and for significant time, what do you think will happen? Utopia? Nope. Star wars will become a reality. I keep on saying it, we can't help ourselves. Greed. Corruption. Desire for power. Hatred.

Wars and unrest will never stop. If anyone thinks otherwise, they're at best deluded.

The rate of growth of population started increasing in 1979 (Thatcher became PM later in the year)

No, no, no, it was labour's fault, couldn't be the Tories!

But it wasn't lies was it? he got Brexit done. An awful lot of nutjobs will never forgive him for that, and to an extent, they've got their revenge, he's out. But he got it done, I salute him for that.
But it isn't fully done, is it? The lack of checks on inbound goods, a requirement of the agreement, isn't yet being done whilst the government hasn't even got the electronic export documentation system working SIX YEARS AFTER THE BREXIT VOTE. Johnson wants to renegotiate the NI protocol, which was also part of the deal. So, if the Dizzy Blond got Brexit done WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?

Johnson: "I almost got Brexit done"

Capt. of the Titanic: "I almost got us to America"

Sponsored Links
My father's family originally being Welsh, and the family for generations having been tall, fair skinned and fair haired we must be descended from the Britons - so those of you whose forebears haven't been here at least 2 millenia are interlopers and should go back to whichever uncivilised hell hole your ancestors came from. Britain for the Britons (and maybe the Celts and Druids) we say!

My father's family originally being Welsh, and the family for generations having been tall, fair skinned and fair haired we must be descended from the Britons - so those of you whose forebears haven't been here at least 2 millenia are interlopers and should go back to whichever uncivilised hell hole your ancestors came from. Britain for the Britons (and maybe the Celts and Druids) we say!

The question of the Celts is rather vague. Some people believe that they originated from central Europe.

Predating them, the Beakers arrived here about 4,400 years ago.

On the balance of probability, we are all descendants of people from the continent now known as Africa.

On the balance of probability, we are all descendants of people from the continent now known as Africa.
Say that to a member of the EDL, with a Germanic christian name and a Viking surname (as one sometimes prominent political hopeful in this neck of the woods has) and you are met with a fusilade of xenopbobic claptrap. I find it interesting to watch his cool demeanour disintegrate on the doorstep when his party's morals and ethics are questioned - and the worst is that I've had him twice, and so has one of our neighbours

As to the Celts, I'm more of a mind that by the time Celtic culture, art, etc appeared in this part of the world it was probably more of an artistic style, like, say, Bauhaus or Arts and Crafts

Say that to a member of the EDL, with a Germanic christian name and a Viking surname (as one sometimes prominent political hopeful in this neck of the woods has) and you are met with a fusilade of xenopbobic claptrap. I find it interesting to watch his cool demeanour disintegrate on the doorstep when his party's morals and ethics are questioned - and the worst is that I've had him twice, and so has one of our neighbours

As to the Celts, I'm more of a mind that by the time Celtic culture, art, etc appeared in this part of the world it was probably more of an artistic style, like, say, Bauhaus or Arts and Crafts

Wow, the EDL still exist?

I thought that most of their senior members had been locked up for abusing children

https://hopenothate.org.uk/2022/01/...-comes-to-opposing-child-sexual-exploitation/

Apropos the Celts, I think you may be correct. The same could be said of the beakers.

True. My aunt traced our family history back hundreds of years to Norman roots. Hence I recognise an attempted conquest when I see one. So won't have any truck with the current swarms of low-rent invaders, here to plunder our social security, etc, etc, etc. :evil:
Same questions to you as I put to transam:
Do you think your racist rants will discourage migration?

What do you think your racists rants will achieve?

Nowt wrong with folk moving here there everywhere, as you say been happening since year dot.

I could be wrong (and PLEASE don't start another round of debate re 'what is legal' it gets tedious) but I reckon you'd find many (most?) aren't against legal migration. By that I mean folk who apply to come in before coming here and wait for the outcome before travelling here.

Also, when there is a genuine emergency e.g. Ukraine, we do take people in.

What gets folks backs up is this near daily procession of boats from France. I don't need to hear about 'oh it's their right to do it though' and all that stuff, goes round in circles.

In my opinion it's not right. If these were mainly French people fleeing from a war-torn France with literally nowhere else to go and facing near certain death or torture, that would be a completely different scenario.

That's not what's happening.

Stop
The
Boats
Please explain to the forum what is the process for anyone needing asylum to apply to UK for that asylum, before arriving here.

Wow, the EDL still exist?
Well, he's a bottom feeder - belonging to the NF, BNP, EDL, etc. No idea what his current political affiliations are
Apropos the Celts, I think you may be correct. The same could be said of the beakers.
So what you are saying, in effect is that I might not be an immigrant after all? Not sure if I'm relieved or not at that prospect... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The question of the Celts is rather vague. Some people believe that they originated from central Europe.

Predating them, the Beakers arrived here about 4,400 years ago.

You should look up the Altai Mummies, red-haired people from Siberia, found in Northern China and Kazakhstan - there's good reason to believe the origins of Celtic peoples came through the Russian steppe.
The Beaker people are more mysterious and may've taken a more northerly route, similar to the Belgic tribes who displaced them - and it's almost certain none of us are descended from African people. Many tribes died out and genetic lines were lost or scrambled over time since the first African people walked out of Africa about 250,000 years ago. The first to do so died out and i beleive the first humans to survive nothern climes did so with the help of Neanderthals.

It's complicated.;)

Sponsored Links
Back