History of the corner shop (immigration)

.......... David Cameron said if Brexit happens the world would go into recession and the could be a World War 3.

He did say it!!
He wasn't on his own in putting the frighteners on us, Obama chipped in with his twopennys worth.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think you could draw that conclusion given he's a democrat like Obama was.
Think Bidens more a problem for the eu with his **** stirring in the Ukraine though
Last time I looked the dollar was on parity with the euro.

This was on telly last night, made for quite interesting viewing. If you get the chance, watch it. The documentary explores the ups and down of immigration, those in favour, those against, racism suffered etc.
I didn't and won't watch it thanks. Always remember that the BBC, although it has "British" in its name, is very anti-British and its output constantly reinforces the view that Britain and it history are full of racists and needs to be re-educated. It inserts black characters into historical dramas for instance, and foreigners and left-wingers are over-represented amongst its employees. I had the misfortune of seeing a BBC Scotland history programme recently - it showed film from the 1950s of a bustling market place in Dundee. The market was extremely crowded, as markets were back than, and in the middle of the crowds was a little Indian child. The film clip was edited so that the couple of seconds of footage of that child was repeated over and over again in the three minutes or so of the film.
Blo0dy hell, what a disgusting comment to make. I wonder if it's ever been brought up since, especially to his face i.e. to see what he'd say now. I'm genuinely surprised, especially in today's world, that this has resurfaced and been widely discussed on all the usual tv progs.
Re. Eric Clapton. If you haven't heard about this incident before it is understandable that you are shocked, but it is about 50 years old and has been brought up since, several times in fact, by race zealots who don't quote the rest of the story, which is that Eric's girlfriend was assaulted by a black man immediately before the concert. Eric has explained this, but still it is brought up, and so he no longer talks about it lest he be doomed to repeat the same explanation for all eternity (a bit like me on DIY Not!).

Clapton can hardly be called a hater of black people. His music is influenced by American black artists, who were often cheated out of the recognition and the money they were due. Clapton (and other British pop stars of the 1960s) did much work to change this and get these artists the recognition they deserved, and it is no exaggeration to say that Eric and his ilk were responsible for bringing much of the black pop music that we have enjoyed for the last half-century into the wider world.

Re. Eric Clapton. If you haven't heard about this incident before it is understandable that you are shocked, but it is about 50 years old and has been brought up since, several times in fact, by race zealots who don't quote the rest of the story, which is that Eric's girlfriend was assaulted by a black man immediately before the concert. Eric has explained this

Clapton kept changing his story. First he claims that his wife's bottom was pinched in Egypt, then it was an Arab in London whilst she was shopping, then it was black guy just before the concert.

Even if all three are true, his insistence that the UK be white only shows how much of a racist he was, and quite possibly still is.

If a non white person pinched my girlfriend's bum, I wouldn't demand that "they" (read: all non white people) be kicked out out the country. Only a racist would consider making such demands.

I think you could draw that conclusion given he's a democrat like Obama was.
Think Bidens more a problem for the eu with his **** stirring in the Ukraine though
Last time I looked the dollar was on parity with the euro.
I think you're just saying anything that comes into your head.
For instance, you initially suggested that Biden was 'sleepy Joe' so nothing was happening. Now you're suggesting that he's intentionally not processing it due to his political leanings. So not so sleepy now. :rolleyes:

In addition I thought Boris was the biggest champion of Ukraine? Is that an embarrassment now?

What has the Dollar/Euro exchange got to do with the corner shop and immigration, or the UK - USA trade deal, or it's lack of?

I suggest you keep on scrabbling for something to say that might sound like a reasonable response.

The market was extremely crowded, as markets were back than, and in the middle of the crowds was a little Indian child. The film clip was edited so that the couple of seconds of footage of that child was repeated over and over again in the three minutes or so of the film.

How traumatic for you.

Did the BBC not have a helpline for people distressed by seeing a small brown child?

I didn't and won't watch it thanks. Always remember that the BBC, although it has "British" in its name, is very anti-British and its output constantly reinforces the view that Britain and it history are full of racists and needs to be re-educated. It inserts black characters into historical dramas for instance, and foreigners and left-wingers are over-represented amongst its employees. I had the misfortune of seeing a BBC Scotland history programme recently - it showed film from the 1950s of a bustling market place in Dundee. The market was extremely crowded, as markets were back than, and in the middle of the crowds was a little Indian child. The film clip was edited so that the couple of seconds of footage of that child was repeated over and over again in the three minutes or so of the film.
I thought you didn't watch BBC. You claim to be sufficiently well informed to quote an issue with which you took exception.

Clapton can hardly be called a hater of black people. His music is influenced by American black artists, who were often cheated out of the recognition and the money they were due.
It's called cultural appropriation. And it can be caused by a lack of respect for the origin of that culture.
So it can be totally appropriate to call Eric Clapton a racist.

I thought you didn't watch BBC. You claim to be sufficiently well informed to quote an issue with which you took exception.

It's called cultural appropriation. And it can be caused by a lack of respect for the origin of that culture.
So it can be totally appropriate to call Eric Clapton a racist.

Ah, Cultural Appropriation.
I wondered how long it would take you to find that little gem - Should Sting apologise for the Police's back catalogue? Should Led Zeppelin make restitution to Muddy Waters?
B. off with you.

I think you're just saying anything that comes into your head.
For instance, you initially suggested that Biden was 'sleepy Joe' so nothing was happening. Now you're suggesting that he's intentionally not processing it due to his political leanings. So not so sleepy now. :rolleyes:

In addition I thought Boris was the biggest champion of Ukraine? Is that an embarrassment now?

What has the Dollar/Euro exchange got to do with the corner shop and immigration, or the UK - USA trade deal, or it's lack of?

I suggest you keep on scrabbling for something to say that might sound like a reasonable response.
Did you have your John Thomas out when you put that together or do you have it out on a permanent basis? It would appear so.

Trump got ousted and sleepy Joe the stooge got in.

I really don't get it. I mean the adoration of Trump by Brits.

The guy campaigned on an America First platform. He promised that any trade deals would favour the USA- meaning that the other countries would have less favourable conditions.

Sponsored Links
Back