Hitachi/Hikoki DH36PX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am looking to buy a new SDS+ corded 240v drill and was considering the Hitachi/Hikoki DH36PX as it appeared to have good reviews. However, many places seem to have stopped selling it and I wondered if this is because it is problematic or being superseded?

Is there a better alternative for diy work?
Many thanks
Malcolm

Sponsored Links
I don't think it's the tool, at least there have been no reports in the USA of issues with the tool and searches of the 'net bring up nothing (and you'd expect somebody somewhere to be complaining, surely?) They haven't been around that long (only a few years), so I doubt it has been superseded, either. I have noticed that there have been increasing supply problems with a number of power tool suppliers in recent weeks, possibly because of the results if the major economic downturn we are on the brink of with CoVid and Brexit. I know people who've had problems getting hold of batteries, cordless tools and other stuff from a variety of manufacturers, although firms like Hikoki who manufacture in Japan/China seem worst affected. What is more of less a given though, is that prices will rise in the new year when thanks to Boris the Bozo we will probably be subject to WTO tarriff rules. Even if we get a better deal in terms of duty rates the increased costs of customs clearance on everything coming into the UK will almost certainly be passed on to the consumer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I am looking to buy a new SDS+ corded 240v drill and was considering the Hitachi/Hikoki DH36PX as it appeared to have good reviews. However, many places seem to have stopped selling it and I wondered if this is because it is problematic or being superseded?

Is there a better alternative for diy work?
Many thanks
Malcolm
Do you mean the DH26PX?
Not that I know model numbers, I had to look it up, but that's the SDS drill I bought last year. Great bit of kit.

There seems to be supply issues due to covid.

Sponsored Links
I noticed a couple of the plumbers using Hitachi/Hiķoki SDS drills at work today (the bright green colour and "fashion trainer" look gave them away). I didn"t have the time to ask any questions, but I know one of the guys so I'll button hole him tomorrow and found him out about his drill (they were 110 volt models, but reliability should be the same I'd have thought)

Apparently in stock at some toolstation branches and ffx ...... £120

Mine was £99 from toolstop but no stock

Had a chat with the plumbers I talked about this morning. Turns out that the company they work for had supplied dewalt SDS drills for drilling heavy brick walls but they fell apart after only a few months so some of the guys bought their own drills. These two guys bought DH26s because they could be had locally.They've been in daily use since early this year and there have been no problems. The guys reckon they are as good as the Bosch drills others have bought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the hitachi sds corded drills to be excellent, can’t say the same for dewalt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back