Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just changed from a EPH thermostat system to Hive, just wondering if anyone could help in matching the wires up for me, are they installed correctly?

I've attached 2 photos showing the change I've done between them, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20231027_170659.jpg
    IMG_20231027_170659.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20231027_170632.jpg
    IMG_20231027_170632.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 91
Sponsored Links
You're close, but not quite there.

For safety's sake, you need to strip more insulation (outer sheath) from the black cable.
The end of the green/yellow wire is almost definitely earthed. That is mere millimetres away from the live terminal and a big bang.
Strip more insulation from the cable and terminate the green/yellow wire properly in the Hives earth terminal.

And with a single channel Hive, common is on terminal 1 and C/H on is on terminal 3.

Additionally, the wiring could be a little tidier - there are a couple of strands of wire that haven't been captured from the blue wire, and some insulation has been trapped under the terminal on the brown wire.

Last edited:
Great I'll get the earth terminated properly, unfortunately the controls don't seem to be switching the heating on/off like it should, same with the app, hopefully these wires are in the right place, thanks

Sponsored Links
Definitely on the correct setting on the boiler if applicable?

Hi I've changed these wires around now yes, attached is the setup I now have, hopefully these are the correct settings for the Hive and will check now to see if the thermostat will now control it properly

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Attached , settings

Attachments

• Snapchat-1965490657_edit_67538986950110.jpg
    Snapchat-1965490657_edit_67538986950110.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 45
These connections are for a Biasi boiler, do the wires look in the right place?

Attachments

• IMG_20231028_173502.jpg
    IMG_20231028_173502.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 53
Attached , settings
That's a lot better, well done. :)
If your previous thermostat controlled the boiler with that wiring, there shouldn't be a need to change the settings.

Although your water pressure is in the red. A little top-up is required.

• Thanks
I can't seem to be able to turn the boiler off by the app/thermostat. It'll only turn on then stay on, what would the problem be?

Sounds more app related. Does it turn off without the app?

What colour is the LED on the receiver?

If the batteries are out of the thermostat, does the button on the receiver turn the heating on and off?

...and how long have you left it running after the thermostat turns off?

• Thanks
What colour is the LED on the receiver?

If the batteries are out of the thermostat, does the button on the receiver turn the heating on and off?

...and how long have you left it running after the thermostat turns off?
It's a solid green block LED so appears to be paired up

If the batteries are out of the thermostat it's still powered up.

The receiver lights can bu turned on/off, but the boiler doesn't turn off and stays on, regardless of whether its turned on or off on both the receiver and app

The receiver lights can bu turned on/off, but the boiler doesn't turn off and stays on, regardless of whether its turned on or off on both the receiver and app
So, how long have you left it running to determine it's not turning off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back