Honest Don.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The fact that the crowd was definitely thinner is not in question but the fact that team Trump are calling the press liars is.....well......typical RWR stuff. Is it an important trait for the RWR - i.e to tell lies?
Does Trump think he can control the press? The CIA? Actually tell them what they are allowed to report? Astonishing stuff.

Sponsored Links
Government already does control what the press can and cant print!

you think the press have freedom to report what they like? lol

I wished I lived in your fantasy because I would be a lot happier with the oppressive system we all live under

Government already does control what the press can and cant print!

you think the press have freedom to report what they like? lol

I wished I lived in your fantasy because I would be a lot happier with the oppressive system we all live under
Are you talking about media regulation or printing the truth? Don't confuse the two.

Does Trump think he can control the press? The CIA

I expect he'll just stop handing out press passes to those whom annoy him, and replace the head of the CIA. I'm sure someone on his staff will tell him how to do it.

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about media regulation or printing the truth? Don't confuse the two.

The two are the same after a certain level. With regard to what you are talking about then I will say that I don't think we know from the pictures. It maybe there is video footage of the whole day and that will therefore vindicate the press. It also may be true that the photos of each president were taken at wildly different times of the day. After all everyone must arrive and everyone must go home.

The two pictures were taken at the same time of day, but I think they've just compared the numbers between Obama and trump, rather than Trump and other presidents, where Trump would have had similar numbers. But don't quote me.

@ JD - No,,, we have enough issues here without worrying if Americans turned up to see trump or not. That's not to belittle your comment JD I just genuinely haven't chanced upon it and I thank you for bringing it yo my attention but that said I have seen the "basic" coverage which in my opinion when weighed against the worlds ill's is dull at best.

I don't like or dislike trump but I do think it will be interesting to see what happens. I am sure he will prove to be the same sort of self serving political elites as the rest once the "advisors" get a proper grip of him but hey who knows. It sure beats having massively expensive elections like here where it makes no difference who gets in. If you ain't rich in the UK the only thing you can be sure of when voting is that despite all the slogans and buzz words is that no matter how bad it seems it CAN get worse!

“This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration — period — both in person and around the globe.”
Taking into account of global viewing is how they say more people watched. Apart from JD & Nosey, no one else gives a stuff.

The thread was initially about Trump and his insistence that they say it how he wants even if it is lies.
You are correct though, no one gives a stuff about the inauguration ceremony.

The probelm with the press nowadays, is that they dont so much report things, but rather print speculation, hype and bias to forward their own agenda and sell copies or get ratings. Essentially they try to make the news, not report it.

From the latest weather forecast to a cat missing in outer Mongolia, all stories are spun and hyped beyond belief and the irrelevent becomes the headline .

I see that tw@t Preston on news at ten spout off a completly different version of events to the story that was shown 30 seconds beforehand, and he does so with such opinionated bias (rather than factual reporting) that would make Joseph Goebbels stare in awe.

Look at the BBC news and that is the same opinionated reporting style, and more and more they are just quoting twitter comments rather than reporting facts.

Sponsored Links
Back