hottest weather ever in the world ever.

• Thread starter Deleted member 292770
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Nonsense the Transam 2nd generation model has effectively and RSJ on the front and rear

Yep tis a fact

You know nowt about American muscle cars from 60 s and 70s

And doubt ( know) you have never driven one
Pray to God you don't get Tee-boned in the side of that antique American death trap. Some of the most unsafe cars on the planet. (y)

Some people need guidance or being told how to behave.
I wonder if the 13 dead people (during heatwave) saw the advice or just plain ignored it. I'm sure if someone had thrown them a flotation device instead of a bucket of common sense, they'd still be alive today.

Sponsored Links
Drove a couple of large gas guzzling V8's when I was over there in '87. Great noise but sluggish.
The US muscle car era pretty much came to an end in 1976 ish ( depends who you talk to )
And never really picked up till the 90s
Environmental concerns

Insurance companies became concerned with ever increasing power out puts

They became little short of decal motors low compression engines
Smog control
Power out puts dipped significantly

California had stringent controls and factory’s had to produce specific cars for the state

The US muscle car era pretty much came to an end in 1976 ish ( depends who you talk to )
Environmental concerns

Smog control

California had stringent controls and factory’s had to produce specific cars for the state
I'd add the price of petrol onto the list: after oil crisis in 1973 the cost of gas went up and the queues at gas stations were long. Those huge gas-guzzlers were very expensive to run and the smaller cars, like Honda, became more prevalent as they were cheaper to run and cheaper to buy.
Clarkson's tribute run across France to Milan in the Mustang showed how much petrol it'd consume on a long drive, and the noise was unbearable.

Type approval of sorts started kicking off around the same time largely bought about by a US legal person who got fed up with people being killed and even burnt to death due to design features. He associated some features with accidents. You could say that in some ways he is responsible for the relatively safe cars we can buy today.Then emissions of course - more easily handled but sadly lean burn when it looked like things might go that way was kicked into touch.

Environmental concerns

Smog control

It was an early model Ford LTD (el tee dee) I mainly drove. And and briefly, an old Cadillac. I was loaned the old Ford for the duration of my stay. Like driving a barge only slower.:p

I think you might be exaggerating a little.
I don’t . I think you may be .I could think of a thousand things more dangerous than the summer that vulnerable people should arguably be relentlessly reminded of on the news . But aren’t

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an early model Ford LTD (el tee dee) I mainly drove. And and briefly, an old Cadillac. I was loaned the old Ford for the duration of my stay. Like driving a barge only slower.:p

A Cadillac
Jeez us wept u can poke that up yer watsit

Same as yer red neck pick up truck

Zero interest in your opinion any way tbh

They are generally a pile of poo :ROFLMAO:

A Cadillac
Jeez us wept u can poke that up yer watsit

Same as yer red neck pick up truck

Zero interest in your opinion any way tbh

They are generally a pile of poo :ROFLMAO:
Pick up truck? I thought you knew about US tat? The Ford LTD looked like a big old pimps car with the standard massive V8.

Well we have had our fires this time. A number of them. Heat deaths. It takes a few days to find out.

No rain is likely to mean more fires. I wonder how they start. Seems glass bottles can but I suspect idiots are more likely and phone the fire brigade in some cases rather than an attempt at DIY first.

Pick up truck? I thought you knew about US tat? The Ford LTD looked like a big old pimps car with the standard massive V8.

Well what ever Noseall they obviously saw you coming
Considered you ( probably correctly) that you were a bell * * *

And palmed you off with said motors

I have a particular interest in certain American cars from a particular era

Which does not include caddalacs

Lincoln’s

Pick up trucks

And probably any car that you may have driven on one of your jolly’s to the states :ROFLMAO:

I remember as a kid watching US tv progs (70s/80s) and being slightly fascinated when a car came to a stop. The actual car stopped but continued to rock back and forth two or three times, eventually settling :)

I remember reading the Ford Gran Torino was pretty pants to drive and didn't handle well. Even if true I couldn't care less, to me in the following guise it was and is a thing of beauty ...

@1976-FORD-GRAN-TORINO-1-e1530859971468.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back