How annoying can customers be!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So LAST October began the rewire of a bungalow that had quadrupled in size, the customer could never make up her mind, still completed it all apart from the lounge.

In May I had a phone call saying they urgently needed the lounge first fixing, so that weekend I went over and first fixed (priced at £900 but agreed to do it for £700) on the understanding 3 days later I would second fix.

The property has vaulted ceilings, all fixings are expensive, downlights chandeliers (8 spots 1 chandelier 4 sockets brushed steel, tv point 2 outside lights, bargainI reckon.

Well 7 months went by, nothing until this Monday.

Went round as they wanted a 'few' changes needed doing by Wednesday night.

Yesterdays spec was 7 downlights, 2 long pendants, all on dimmers

Organised for a colleague to first fix as I am ramped out.

Arrived this morning ALL CHANGED AGAIN!!

It is now 22 Spots 4 wall lights 1 pendant, 1 external socket 2 outside lights, carport lighting, swap gu10 for blue led lights in kitchen(bizarre).

So the original 1st fix has had to be removed and all redone.

I have priced at £1850.00 which I think is fair especially as she wants it done BEFORE christmas!!

What do you all think?

I must say if she argues on the price she can take a walk!!!

Sponsored Links
Make up a price for her now. Base it on work already done (if not already charged for), and add on the rest of the work that needs doing.

Itemise exactly what you are doing on the paperwork (and make a point that its the third amendment of the quote).

If she doesnt accept the fact that you've been messed around, then I'd walk, and send a bill for work already completed and fittings purchased.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back