How do BG make new boilers "safer"?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been on British gas web site house.co.uk and seen the offer for £300 of a boiler. It says, and I quote, "We take the best A rated condensing boilers and then make them safer and more energy efficient". If this is so does this mean the boilers they badge up as their own were unsafe or less efficient? does a man behind a desk say "great boiler Worcester Bosch but not safe enough for us and a bit more efficient please"? Any thoughts gents.

Sponsored Links
Its a con....they take an everyday boiler, get the manufactuers fo set it up to, say a kilowatt of heat more extra, and put a British Gas name on it. This way no local plumber or heating engineer can quote exactly like for like. this seems to be their way of justifiying their excessive prices.

A lot of the time you find its just a code plug on the boiler thats the only difference.

They are certainly no more effficient or safer than a regular model.

im guessing they are trying to say installation has a lot to do with efficacy and safety, but it is a strange paragraph.

they get us guys to fit it , therefore safer. and we dont get call backs ,therefore using less diesel. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
We could do the same

I am going to write "CORGIMAN BOILER" in crayon on a loads of greenstars and sell em for millions

:)

I will also draw a "go faster" stripe down the side which will make it work faster

I may in put some lightening strikes on it I havent decided

this time next year I will be a millionaire

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back