How do we sell the car?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been busy repairing my son car which was damaged by vandalism, all new windows will be put in tomorrow and the respray during the week.

The car is now off the road (SORN notification now done).

My question is, we are now selling it so how do we sell it if the new owner want to test drive it?

It will have no road or insurance.

Sponsored Links
masona said:
I've been busy repairing my son car which was damaged by vandalism, all new windows will be put in tomorrow and the respray during the week.

The car is now off the road (SORN notification now done).

My question is, we are now selling it so how do we sell it if the new owner want to test drive it?

It will have no road or insurance.
sell it with tax and add that to the price. as for insurance, its upto the other person to have the car added to their insurance to test drive it. or they can sit in with you/your son (whoever is insured)

id tell them that it is declared subject of a sorn , and they are obviously welcome to test drive it, but they must take on board an element of risk. I wouldnt worry too much though the chances of being picked up for it are very minimal (kiss of death!)

Thanks lads,

I've been told that most people buy a car on e-bay without test driving it :!:

Well that's fine by me :LOL:

Sponsored Links
My bro sold an L reg volvo on ebay. The bidding was stuck at about £200 so he asked me to put in a bid of £250 which I did at 11pm at night. The next morning I phoned him and he said it had gone for £750!

Back