HS2 Bidding for 32b worth of work

Sponsored Links
When this cranks up, the south will come first, the north, well there won't be any money left, they did it up here with the trams, promised to run from manchester to Worsley, stopped at eccles.

The north means ****tis to them down south

Sponsored Links
Of course by the time it's actually been built that £32 billion will seem like a bargin price because that estimate will undoubtely rise higher and higher like every other project does. Then the likes of Branson will be charging the passengers higher and higher fares "to pay for infastructer" even though their taxes have already paid for it.
I really don't see how a train going slightly faster is going to help the economic position of the country especially as the people travelling won't be doing a job that can't be done over the 'phone or internet, I mean how many steel workers, shipyard workers, and engineers travel to London every day?
The lenght of trains has already been reduced but the stations can still take trains of 16 coach lenghts so surely just putting the extra coaches back on will increase capacity without ruinous expenditure although it won't be as quick. Mind you if it doesn't actually stop anywhere any train will be quicker :rolleyes:

its insane,36 plus billion tax payers money,to churn up buetifull countryside and woodland,destroy history,buildings,upheave peoples lives.so a few people can get to somewere 45 minutes faster. complete corroption of tax money in hard times.

So keep walking down the country road. Stay at the inn and get home a week later. I am sure that you and your family will enjoy the two week journey.

i used to live,work there wendover,and know from the locals what disruption it will create. also i loved cycling ,walking around areas were the route will be

its insane,36 plus billion tax payers money,to churn up buetifull countryside and woodland,destroy history,buildings,upheave peoples lives.so a few people can get to somewere 45 minutes faster. complete corroption of tax money in hard times.

So keep walking down the country road. Stay at the inn and get home a week later. I am sure that you and your family will enjoy the two week journey.

dont get that one sorry

i used to live,work there wendover,and know from the locals what disruption it will create. also i loved cycling ,walking around areas were the route will be

Lot's of people don't like change, me included i woud love to go back to steam, but the world has to change, and if they get their finger out, i may end up with a job. Before i die.

Sponsored Links
Back