Huge landslide victory for labour in local elections

Your buddy Notch does.

You seem to care :LOL: u also seem to take these local elections seriously :LOL:

Just like Corbyn, May, Vince & lucas :LOL:

A victory for Corbyn :LOL:

Liberals are on there way back, mind u when u are at rock bottom the only way back is up :LOL:

A success for the greens :LOL:

UKIP are finished , who cares:LOL:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You call "more council seats than all other parties put together" a massive failure?

What do you call Mr's Mays general election fiasco?

Council seats :LOL: bunch of retired ageing old duffers who would not know there back sides from a pineapple :LOL:

which means that labour has more council duffers then any one else

Eh?

I'm just making a point, like my wife's theory that redecorating is better than fixing the leaky roof, because the latter costs more, and you can't see what you spent the money on.

If you're living in a shop doorway, getting down the polling station would be a minor concern, IMHO.

Equating those legally allowed to vote but without ID as homeless?

I suppose you wrote that in gest. I would have thought you were above such things. We live. We learn. you

Equating those legally allowed to vote but without ID as homeless?

Stop making leaps of faith, as you are no good at it.

I previously asked who may have been disbarred from voting through ID, and Motorbiking offered "homeless" as a potential group.

Sponsored Links
Kankerot, I must be missing some gem of infomation you have but I do not. In order to vote, you need to be on the electoral register. In order to be on the electoral register, you need to have A postal address. You don't have to own the place, you don't have to pay to live there, but you need to be associated with it. A halfway house, a hostel etc. You then get a polling card. People associated with two addresses, students for example, potentially get two polling cards. If you live in a shop door way one day, and a different shop door way the next getting onto the electoral register is a problem. But not as big a problem as shelter and food.

Nozzle

Last edited:
This is the real story.

The Electoral Reform Society has warned of what it calls a “dark day for politics” after saying that almost 4,000 would-be voters were turned away from polling stations for not having the necessary ID in the five boroughs which tested out voter ID schemes on Thursday.

The tally – carried out by the Democracy Volunteers group – estimated that 3,981 people were denied a ballot paper in all, 1.67% of the total number of votes cast.

The scheme, which could be extended nationwide in future elections, saw varying ID requirements in Bromley, Woking, Gosport, Watford and Swindon.

Voter suppression straight from dictators 101.
Has anyone extrapolated that to all of the constituencies yet?

I see eeyore was being flippant again. :rolleyes:
Or maybe he does not know what extrapolate means. :rolleyes:

If the ID scheme was rolled out to the whole of England, it could mean about half a million voters being prevented from voting!
Perhaps they should roll out the scheme in time for the next referendum. :rolleyes:

If the scheme was rolled out to Scotland and Wales also, (the scheme is already active in NI) it could mean another quarter of a million being prevented from voting.

If you look at the result from a simple left-right perspective, it is obvious that the right lost badly (UKIP and Tories) and the left and center won big time (Labour, LibDem and Greens)

If you look at the result from a simple left-right perspective, it is obvious that the right lost badly (UKIP and Tories) and the left and center won big time (Labour, LibDem and Greens)

you say ? & in any event do I care :?: if a load of jobs worths got voted in on some council :?: dare say the majority of people who could vote never bothered :idea:

The id was to prevent fraud.Not a plot to stop voting.Would you expect to board an aircraft without your passport? then call it anyother than forgetful.

Sponsored Links
Back