Huge landslide victory for labour in local elections

Sponsored Links
Might not be a huge landslide, from an already good position, but I'm sure the Tories - and you - would prefer the numbers the other way round.

upload_2018-5-4_17-51-25.png

Good we don't want that prat Corbyn anywhere near No 10.

I'm sure Notch is perfectly happy to see Labour with over 50% more councillors than the tories, and more than all the other parties put together.*

Great news, Notch. You were expecting the tories to do even worse. It must be a great comfort to you.

*Within the councils that had elections this week

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Council elections :LOL: all the parties with the exception of UKIP said they did well, but could have done better ect ect

most who stand for local council elections are bone heads any way (IMO) :)

This is the real story.

The Electoral Reform Society has warned of what it calls a “dark day for politics” after saying that almost 4,000 would-be voters were turned away from polling stations for not having the necessary ID in the five boroughs which tested out voter ID schemes on Thursday.

The tally – carried out by the Democracy Volunteers group – estimated that 3,981 people were denied a ballot paper in all, 1.67% of the total number of votes cast.

The scheme, which could be extended nationwide in future elections, saw varying ID requirements in Bromley, Woking, Gosport, Watford and Swindon.

Voter suppression straight from dictators 101.

I'm sure Notch is perfectly happy to see Labour with over 50% more councillors than the tories, and more than all the other parties put together.

Oh Im perfectly happy, thank you :ROFLMAO:

Despite a weak tory party, weak leader, major issues over Brexit, Windrush scandal, Grenfell and 8 years of Tory government, Corbyn shouldve romped home.

But he hasnt.

I hear murmurs of dessent from Labour ranks, that Corbyn has already peaked is on the downslide and isnt the man for the job.

The moderate labour elements in the party are seeing an opportunity to fight back against Momentum and the Corbynistas.

Corbyn shouldve romped home.

Your ignorance is astounding. So is your stupidity.

This was not a General Election. Nobody had the opportunity to vote for Corbyn as Prime Minister.

This is the real story.

The Electoral Reform Society has warned of what it calls a “dark day for politics” after saying that almost 4,000 would-be voters were turned away from polling stations for not having the necessary ID in the five boroughs which tested out voter ID schemes on Thursday.

The tally – carried out by the Democracy Volunteers group – estimated that 3,981 people were denied a ballot paper in all, 1.67% of the total number of votes cast.

The scheme, which could be extended nationwide in future elections, saw varying ID requirements in Bromley, Woking, Gosport, Watford and Swindon.

Voter suppression straight from dictators 101.

If you can't prove who you are, not being able to vote might be least of your worries, IMHO

If you can't prove who you are, not being able to vote might be least of your worries, IMHO

So it's presumption of guilt before innocence.

That's a dangerous path to walk down. Sure it plays up with those who are gullible. The stats don't bare it out.

Gerrymandering, redrawing of boundaries , voter suppression is all acceptable as it's beneficial to my side.

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat

It's great to see the right wing pretending that Labour gaining 60 seats is bad for them, and the Cons losing 23 seats is good for them.

It's great to see the right wing pretending that Labour gaining 60 seats is bad for them, and the Cons losing 23 seats is good for them.

Its a great result for the Tories. :)

A terrible result for Corbyn :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back