Huge landslide victory for labour in local elections

Sponsored Links
wow, you show us a newspaper saying "May faces vote humiliation and a hung parliament."

And the truth was, she achieved humiliation, lost her majority, and only managed to buy support (for a £billion) from a tiny bunch of nutters.

wow, you show us a newspaper saying "May faces vote humiliation and a hung parliament."

And the truth was, she achieved humiliation, lost her majority, and only managed to buy support (for a £billion) from a tiny bunch of nutters.

I thought the thread was about the local elections, and your last post about the BBC?
What have newspapers and the GE got to do with my post?

I thought the thread was about the local elections, and your last post about the BBC?

Then you are wrong.

My post was about the local election results, and a response to the initial post of the thread.

Maybe you can get someone to read it to you.

My latest post was a comment on Nozzle's newspaper post. If you want to moan about him adding newspapers, and the General Election, to the thread, feel free.

Sponsored Links
JohnD's Meme complains that the Beeb coverage is biased pro-Tory because it has taken a single headline that is apparently contradictory to the statistics. I say apparent, as the statistics are incomplete. They're incomplete because it suits the agenda of Momentum foot soldiers to leave it that way.

When given the complete picture, it is easy to see why the Beeb might label it as a bit flat:

full

If both sides of the political divide think the media they are reading is biased, there's a good chance it probably is not.

Lab flat
Con -2
Lib dem +4

Also, for a mid-term council election you expect the offcial opposition party to wipe the floor with whichever party is in government. The degree to which the Tories have been floor-wiping is now the point of this thread. Certain commentators, more familiar with the subject than any of us on DIYnot.com have also added that London is a red strong hold and therefore being as a large proportion of these seats were in London, it is to be expected that the converted cannot be preached to.

Nozzle

Ok. The floor was already wiped.

Yes if you like. It's unremarkable for a safe seat to go to back to the same party - which is why there's interest in swing in these analyses rather than a pure ratio. The pure ratio is meaningless unless every seat is in contention. Some might say this is an argument for proportional representation, and it probably is. PR favours the smaller parties over the larger established parties (which includes the official opposition).

I personally believe that national party politics should be separate from local government. i.e. every candidate is an "independent" - they can group together to work on common issues just as they could be opposed on some other issue. This way, local politics isn't tainted by national government.

Nozzle

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back