Huge landslide victory for labour in local elections

The id was to prevent fraud.Not a plot to stop voting.
As the Guardian put it: "A solution looking for a problem."
Comparing voting to international travel is neither appropriate nor helpful.
One does not need ID to catch a bus or a train. One does not need a passport for domestic flights.
At least make some eligible comparisons.

Any form of photographic ID costs money.

The number of potential fraud votes is negligible and would make little or no difference to the result.
The number of potential voters denied a vote because they have no photographic ID is huge and will change the result.
About half a million voters potentially denied a vote in England alone!

Compare that to the hundreds of complaints and only one conviction in the last GE!
Hundreds of complaints about alleged double voting in the 2017 UK general election resulted in only one conviction, according to police data.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43245969

The sums just do not add up, especially when you consider the additional expense and work required for voter ID.
It is a right-wing ruse to prevent some people voting, and to ensure that everyone who wants to vote is on an "ID" database.

The laughable point is that ID cards would not prevent 'double voting', which is the main issue of complaints.

Sponsored Links
As the Guardian put it: "A solution looking for a problem."
Comparing voting to international travel is neither appropriate nor helpful.
One does not need ID to catch a bus or a train. One does not need a passport for domestic flights.
At least make some eligible comparisons.

Any form of photographic ID costs money.

The number of potential fraud votes is negligible and would make little or no difference to the result.
The number of potential voters denied a vote because they have no photographic ID is huge and will change the result.
About half a million voters potentially denied a vote in England alone!

Compare that to the hundreds of complaints and only one conviction in the last GE!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43245969

The sums just do not add up, especially when you consider the additional expense and work required for voter ID.
It is a right-wing ruse to prevent some people voting, and to ensure that everyone who wants to vote is on an "ID" database.

The laughable point is that ID cards would not prevent 'double voting', which is the main issue of complaints.

What about if anybody who votes has their photo taken when they hand their card in. Im sure it would cost money but not that much.

What about if anybody who votes has their photo taken when they hand their card in. Im sure it would cost money but not that much.
In NI a free ID card is available exactly for the reason of voting, where ID cards are already required for voting. But that ID card is available for other uses.
That is not the system being proposed in England and the ID photographic ID cards cost money: passport, licence, etc.
I notice that Brigadier, who was advocating the introduction of ID cards has not responded when I asked him what photographic ID cards he held and how did he obtain them, or how much did they cost.

Perhaps you will be so good as to explain what photographic ID cards you hold, how did you obtain them and how much did they cost?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your source quotes gossip:
Students are legally allowed to register at both their university address and their home address, but must only vote in one location.

However, some have reportedly admitted that they voted twice for Labour in order to boost the party’s chances at the election.
alleged...complaints and letters from 38 MPs alleging ...
There was one conviction for fraudulently voting in the last GE, compared to half a million potentially prevented from voting.
The maths do not add up!

ID cards will not prevent double voting! So the proposed solution does not resolve that problem.

In NI a free ID card is available exactly for the reason of voting, where ID cards are already required for voting. But that ID card is available for other uses.
That is not the system being proposed in England and the ID photographic ID cards cost money: passport, licence, etc.
I notice that Brigadier, who was advocating the introduction of ID cards has not responded when I asked him what photographic ID cards he held and how did he obtain them, or how much did they cost.

Perhaps you will be so good as to explain what photographic ID cards you hold, how did you obtain them and how much did they cost?

I never said ID cards.

Photo taken when voting this would go into a national database with face recognition. If you try to vote again under another name this would then recognise you as a fraud and will get chucked in jail for life with only bread and water

personal abuse deleted

Goading posts by several users have also been deleted.

mod

Last edited by a moderator:
ellal likely to be out enjoying the Spring, as should you.

Nozzle

I never said ID cards.

Photo taken when voting this would go into a national database with face recognition. If you try to vote again under another name this would then recognise you as a fraud and will get chucked in jail for life with only bread and water

So you have a real time facial recognition system that has about 60m plus facial ID's which is used once every few years. Don't quit your day job (y)

So you have a real time facial recognition system that has about 60m plus facial ID's which is used once every few years. Don't quit your day job (y)

I’m sure that face could be used in ID ing
Suspects for future or past crimes in later days months years.

I’ve not Patent the idea yet.

I’m sure that face could be used in ID ing
Suspects for future or past crimes in later days months years.

I’ve not Patent the idea yet.

Your on a roll. Peoples faces dont change? Facial ID is not perfect.

I would suggest you don't.

Huge landslide victory for labour in local elections

NOT!

Keep whistling in the dark. It'll keep your spirits up.

2018LocalElection.jpg

Oh yeah, in exactly the same way that Labour won the 2017 General Election. I see what you're getting at, nice one.
mirror0906a.jpg

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Back