Hydrogen Car Conversion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are loads of DIY manuals on the internet on how to make your own hydrogen conversion kit that connects to your car, supposed to be better performance and more fuel efficient, your car will run on petrol & water instead of just petrol.

Anyone used or seen one of these in action or know if they work as well as the people who are selling the making instructions say they do.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Fyvu05t9Y

Sponsored Links
My understanding is that the hydrogen/oxygen bond is so strong in water it takes more energy to split the molecule than you get back when using them as fuel. What's the point?

If we put our pockets first and our carbon footprint second,

Where do we pay for that energy to split up the molecules?

Because we never really need to charge our battery, so would we start having to because so much juice is being taken up by the converter?

i would forget it the cost off converting [seperating] the hydrogen makes it much more expensive than petrol or deisel

to convert on the move you would need to tow a generator with greater horspower output than the van to supply the van with enough hydrogen
thats assuming the kit isnt so heavy that you need a lorry to carry it :D :D ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry i posted twice, but i think that is the most interesting thing about hydrogen.

OK. I'll put it another way - you're talking nonsense.

ok lets be a bit more simplistic about charging the batterys the amount of energy you require has to be generated by the engine if the engine is under heavy load the reduction in power may be noticed but unlikly as the power required by the alternator is probably about 2 or 3 horse power when the battery is low or demand is very high

even when the engine is idling you are burning extra fuel as the load on the alterator has to be matched by the engine plus a little bit more because off losses in the electrical and mechanical systems causing the engine to slow down in responce then the fuel pump gives the engine more fuel untill the idle speed is normal in the engine so nothing is free ;)

You call that being simplistic?! :eek:

Here's my edition:

1. The battery is used to start the engine.
2. Ergo, the battery needs charging.
3. To claim that it doesn't really need charging is like claiming that humans don't really need to drink water.

Sponsored Links
Back