I’m getting fed up with premium bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Ah, they're rather busy. Hope you get it soon. Just a thought, not sent it to your old address have they?!

Just saw, won £50! After years of not winning a bean, I've now won £50 twice this summer. Delighted :)

I just went to check mine by logging into my account - not been updated yet. Said next results due 4th Aug. Had to wait in a queue to get online too.
I use the NS&I app. Once you’ve stored your bond holder details, You just swipe through. I check mine, my wife’s and my sons in seconds.

Sponsored Links
I’m going off you! :mad:
Ha ha, my partner just said that too. Between him and his dad they've got (I think) around 90k, partner won nothing, his dad won £25.

Yeah, know about the App, better half uses it. I just can't be bothered and I like logging in, it's exciting!

One of the millionaire winners this month has under 4k in bonds. Lucky girl! :)

Ha ha, my partner just said that too. Between him and his dad they've got (I think) around 90k, partner won nothing, his dad won £25.
Do you take the winnings or just elect for more bonds? We have them added to our bonds. Mrs Mottie is luckier than me and she had a good few hundred quid more than me but two months ago we topped them up so we both had the same - £30k each. Since then she’s won £25 in July and £25 this month so she’s in front again by £50. She thinks it’s funny. :cautious:

my wife has had a fivers worth of them since she was born, christening present from an aunt (eqiv to £100 in today's money). She has never won a single penny so I guess they are still just worth £5

Do you take the winnings or just elect for more bonds? We have them added to our bonds. Mrs Mottie is luckier than me and she had a good few hundred quid more than me but two months ago we topped them up so we both had the same - £30k each. Since then she’s won £25 in July and £25 this month so she’s in front again by £50. She thinks it’s funny. :cautious:
It is funny, lady luck is shining on your wife :) :). Yes, reinvested.

my wife has had a fivers worth of them since she was born, christening present from an aunt (eqiv to £100 in today's money). She has never won a single penny so I guess they are still just worth £5
Be amusing if one day she wins something!

Bit strange today. Just signed into NS&I account and checked prize history on main 'dashboard'. Nothing. After Sodthis said they're slow today, thought I would check a different way. Put the holder number onto the quick checker on bottom left of main NS&I page and it says won 3 x £25 for Aug.

So if anyone's checking their account after signing in, it's poss not up to date yet. Use the quick checker on main home page.

Suppose we have to be happy with the poor returns on money invested these days. When I think back some year ago, could get 5% on a deposit account without trying. But had no money then. If I could get 5% now, I could afford to retire. :(

Does anyone else invest money in something reasonably secure (not property) that gets better results than savings a/cs and PBs?

Last edited:
Does anyone else invest money in something reasonably secure (not property) that gets better results than savings a/cs and PBs?
A friend, (here in France but English) has a couple of really decent old cars.
His argument is that it's out of the taxman's view when he passes them on to his children.
I don't know whether he was referring to French or English taxman.

There was an article about safe investment in one of the money sections, if you invested £5 in 1945 what the returns would be, the best was stick it in a drawer as the white fiver would be worth more than any investment

When I think back some year ago, could get 5% on a deposit account without trying.

Try to remember what year it was, and look up Inflation rate for that period.

Did your mortgage interest rate hit 17% under Thatcher?

Good times, eh?

Hope Mottie isn't feeling too left out with other people on here winning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back