I really dont think this is quite what I expected....

Its nice to see somebody coming back to let everyone know how things worked out...

Good on ya!

Sponsored Links
I agree, thanks Daglesj.
Now it's well over 10,000 views.

I love the way u started with "Remember me" lmao

Anyhooooo, glad it all worked out in the end.

Yeh, thanks for the report back. When I started reading it I was kinda hoping it was going to be a continuing disaster story - that's called schadenfreude by the way, a German word for taking pleasure at other's misfortune, but BGs misfortune rather than yours!

Your point about your low gas bills does indicate how inefficient your old back boiler system was. However even a new back boiler with an upgrade of the controls might have resulted in significantly improved efficiency. On the boxing-in of the flue, you may remember being advised that it should be possible to inspect the whole length of the flue. Can this be done (removable panels, etc.)?

Sponsored Links
philgee said:
Just come across this thread. How on earth can a company the size of BG allow such a **** up to happen in the first place?
. Decided against BGt for 2 reasons - 1) there were a grand more than the next dearest quote and 2) the salesman was an arrogant a******e, .
there`s the clue .....ARROGANCE pure+ simple

chrishutt said:
Yeh, thanks for the report back. When I started reading it I was kinda hoping it was going to be a continuing disaster story - that's called schadenfreude by the way, a German word for taking pleasure at other's misfortune, but BGs misfortune rather than yours!

Your point about your low gas bills does indicate how inefficient your old back boiler system was. However even a new back boiler with an upgrade of the controls might have resulted in significantly improved efficiency. On the boxing-in of the flue, you may remember being advised that it should be possible to inspect the whole length of the flue. Can this be done (removable panels, etc.)?

Yeah the boxing is all screwed in so can come apart if required. Other than that I really couldnt give a toss about any further rules and regulations. After this incident I learnt that its best to just ignore them all. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back