I really dont think this is quite what I expected....

Sponsored Links
I wonder how much that's (still) knocked off the value of the property. :(

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
I wonder how much that's (still) knocked off the value of the property. :(

Well as I only paid £25000 for it ten years ago. Its not too much of a worry.

Maybe not as bad as selling it with a 24 year old system encrusted in green limescale and no shower to speak of.

Once I've got it boxed in I'll post up some more pics.

to box that flue in will make it an even more of an eyesore so are corgi happy now daglesj ? you should still ask for some knocked off bill for stress worry of whole thing

by the way bster my friends mexico boiler is not a condensing one and they fitted no trvs and has no room stat

Boxing in isn't so simple. Firstly there's the question of necessary clearances - 25mm from combustible material? Secondly, flues need to be accessible for inspection (e.g. with LGSC) so boxing would have to have removable panels.

Insist BG do it to the appropriate standard as part of their settlement. Then see what it looks like. I think most people would regard it as unsightly and it would adversely affect the value of your property (get an estate agent's opinion). The outcome is not what you were originally led to expect by BG and you're entitled to take full account of that.

suffolklad said:
to box that flue in will make it an even more of an eyesore so are corgi happy now daglesj ? you should still ask for some knocked off bill for stress worry of whole thing

Not as bad as boxing in a whole combi in the bedroom with all the other pipework that would have been required. :eek:

In fact there is boxing on the other side of the room for the bathroom extractor so it will even it up.

Looking forward to getting the decorating for the whole flat started.

Just a quick note to say the matter is now closed.

BGas have put right the heating system and it now works superbly.

I was visited by one of the Customer Service managers to discuss compensation. They made an offer, I requested they amend said offer and if they agreed to this, I would state that BGas sorted the situation to my satisfaction and the situation was closed.

I have today received written confirmation that they have agreed to my request. I shall now receive a revised invoice with a significant reduction that I am happy to pay.

Whilst I wouldnt willingly allow BGas back in my home in future. The situation was resolved amicably. I just hope a few folks back at BGas have learnt their lesson.

I will just say a big thank you to Chris Ellis of BGas, who when I told, I just wanted to be dealt with in a common sense manner, did just that. Also a big thank you to you guys for helping me out with some of the finer points of gas heating installations.

Its been.....emotional.

Thanks. :)

Would BG have been so reasonable if it were not for the exposure on this forum and the damaging publicity? What do you think?

I would wonder if BG were even aware of what was going on here! I think they would be much more concerned by CORGI seeing it

I went to a Junior 28i fitted last March by BG.

The gas supply went outside then back in. Whilst the 22 mm was sleeved in 28 mm there was no sealing anywhere at all !!!

I have advised the landlady to call them back!

Tony

chrishutt said:
Would BG have been so reasonable if it were not for the exposure on this forum and the damaging publicity? What do you think?

thinks its more to do with the OP determination to get a decent job done rather than this here site

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back