I want to fit a new alarm panel to existing system (Ed.)

Started labelling up the old panel. Just an observation - on some of the zones theres a loop in the tamper side?? is this for a specific device..?

Sponsored Links
I do have smoke detectors yes....! I didn't know what was wired to what.... All in all a good day... Bar the firmware flash for the old existing panel. I got everything done I wanted to.

Sponsored Links
Mainly for no more than learning just trying to learn about all aspects of it...plus if its on the latest firmware then it might sell on ebay...

If I could flash it once it's off that'd be great...but I think I need a keypad for that...plus I would like to flast the wireless one to for the same reasons...

I noticed that some people have a keypad by the panel...could be a good idea for convenience..?

Last edited:
Elite panel flash yes
old version 1 premier 48 no as the firmware won’t be compatible and I suspect the old Premier firmware would need to be obtained from Texecom and it might only go as far as version 3 or 5 of the old Premier firmware for the version of panel you have but you woukd have to check with Texecom.

Officially 9.02, but version 10 pre elite was around from memory but not general release.

Version 5 and version 7 if memory serves me correctly there were changes to the board hence why it may not work above a much lower version but would have to ask Texecom’s for the firmware in any case.

Did have some notes somewhere but well archived away as memory can play tricks the further back you go.

Last edited:
Cool...ok - ill ask Texecom (theyve been really helpful) hopefully they can send me the latest firmware (for the old panel) - my flasher has still not turned up yet... hopefully soon!!

(What about an additional keypad by the panel) ?

Another question: Ive now created a card/template thingy for the old panel....am i right in saying thats the config now backed up...and once i remove the old panel and install the new one (with all the same wiring transposed over) i can upload the old config to the new panel...so ive got starting point??

Last edited:
Apologies it’s 7.7 version firmware ??

You would need to request the 9.02 Premier 48 firmware from Texecom. Also need the premier flasher software and not the elite flasher firmware. The flashing equipment is the same

Thought it said 1.1, menu 4 on keypad would confirm that.

You can copy the settings to another profile for the elite and then send across. But not send the old data across.

Hi there. I just went back through the emails from texecom and they have in fact sent me the old flasher software (so im guessing the firmware package i need is in there)?

Ill be doing this on the weekend, purely for the reason that i expect something to happen which i didnt expect to happen as im in kinda unknown territory....

Once ive flashed the old panel, im guessing that factory resets it? (assuming it does then if that all goes well, at that point ill pull it out and wire the new one in)?

Flasher cable turned up this morning so ive got no excuses now!

Texecom have videos on this but you have to default the panel if manually flashing.

Right ok....so i have to default the panel before i start?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back