I want to fit a new alarm panel to existing system (Ed.)

Sure - do you have a link or is it easy to find...?

Sponsored Links
Weekend is here....moment of truth. So far so good....flashed the original panel....software is now on 9.02 FRA (not sure what the FRA means) - ive not been able to connect back to it (i think im right in assuming the newly flashed firmware now changes the criteria for the WinTex software to make a connection?) - the old firmware software was pretty self explanatory. So that part is now done. Next is to now pull the old panel and install the new one.

Old panel now removed...oh...cant remember if i asked....can the old comip module be used or does it all now go through the new ip box....handy if that is the case as ive only got one Lan cable to it!!

Another question: just noticed an sd card slot on the new network box.....ive got some spare ones kicking around....whats that used for ?

Last edited:
Back again. New Panel wired in.

Into unknown territory now....if i power the panel up the buzzer goes off along with the buzzers on the keypads. I guessed putting in 1234 and then yes to put it into (what i think is engineers mode) - just working out how to do the settings so i can get in on Wintex....all good so far-ish!

Ill add to this post with a status update...so far not been able to connect the usb/com cable...no matter what settings i give it, it says it cant connect...

ive gone to the panel to set up my old com ip module which ive managed to do (i can see the webpage) "You now online with the com-ip module) but still cant connect to the panel....

I think some sort of a connection is happening as the "edit account/panel details" its found the serial number (i didnt put that in) and the software version (10.x)

Double checked the panel (the com settings and confirmed the panel is configured for com1 (USB) and com2 (ComIP Module) - when i try to connect on either i get a bit of a pause then a "check your settings message"

Still trying - not sure what the com1 settings should be for the usb... com300 or 2400 but neither way works...

Success: i had the panel wrong. Not a premier 48 but an elite 48....!!

So my panel is on 06 03 02LS1 - looking at the firmware for it the latest version is 06 05 03 - ive not got the smart com set up yet Not even got near that! - can i flash the panel using my flasher?

Looks like i can...and i did. Firmware now up to date!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So, now im connected ive got an "ATS Path fault error" no idea what that is and i cant seem to get rid of it...

Com2 is the ip module
Com1 is the usb/serial

Just to add ive got a rolling error of...
ATS path fault
Com2 fault
No ATS available.

Definately something wrong with the usb settings..! it tries to connect and then doesnt...ip is ok....what should the usb settings set to? is it onboard/com300 or 2400? (im assuming thats the issue??)

Last edited:
When you use the com lead it’s normally set to unused ….just remove the ip module …what are you using it for anyway ?

Ah - right so its gotta be set to unused (even though i might want to use it)!?
Luckily my pc is located right next to the alarm panel so its always good to have a backup....
Can the Smart com replace the ComIP? ie can i use WinTex to connect it through the smartcom?
Theres also a com3 ? wheres that on the board..nice if i could have 3 comports!!

Yes you replace the ip com with the smart com , it will take up com 1 and 2 , you can connect via smart com and you can use the digi com connector via small adapter normally supplied with the smart com

Attachments

• IMG_5858.png
    IMG_5858.png
    485.6 KB · Views: 23
Ah - right - ive not got that board...ill have to get one on order...strangely i loose connection over ip to the board if i mess with comport1?? weird - i did set it to "nothing installed" but now ive lost connection over ip...? - the module is working though as i can get to its landing page..the smartcom module is missing its front cover so that tamper switch is open..will that matter...ive mailed texecom to see if i can buy a replacement box for it..

Located a digi converter and purchased. Ive asked Texecom but not had a reply back about a replacement case for the smartcom. Assuming i cant get one i was going to house it inside the main premier 48 metal box somewhere. Obviously theres a tamper button which kinda wouldnt work was gonna stick a bit of blue tac on it just to get round the fact i didnt have a case...

Normally ( used to be ) if you powered up the smartcom with the tamper open it ignores it

Ah - brilliant - cool...ok when that little board turns up ill move to the SmartCom...cheers.

Took it upon myself to try to fit the smartcom tonight....got half way through then came a cropper....fitted the smartcom and configured....got wintex working through that using ip (all great there). Setup the app on the phone ready for the number. Went to the panel to generate the app code and then got a udl mismatch error which set off a constant buzzer and the keypad then was unusable....wasnt sure what to do after that so powered it all off...!

Found this on some manuals site...

System Outputs
18 - UDL Lockout
This output type activates when an attempt is made to upload/download
with incorrect site details more than three times and deactivates after 4
hours or after a valid User code is entered

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back