Ideal Icos M3080 dismantling / opening instructions

Sponsored Links
Yes it looks like its leaking from the sump joint,this is non repairable,and will need replacing.
Ive started to lose track here, i thought you had a problem with the boiler making a noise to start with,and were calling Ideal out on a fixed price repair?

In hind-site this thread could have gone very differently, along the lines of...

OP Q1) Hello, my boiler has been making a bit of a banging noise at the end of each heat cycle for a little while. It is now making what I'd describe as a groaning noise shortly after firing, progressing to more of a vibration later in the heat cycle.

I attempted to take the cover off several years ago because I wanted to try and get the vacuum in there to give it a clean out, but it seemed a bit impenetrable so I backed out.

I'd like to give it another go now, otherwise I see a repair bill arriving!

I've googled for some dismantling instructions before but didn't find anything. Could someone please help.

Many Thanks

A1) The process of removing the outer covers and inner sealing panel is very straightforward, just a few screws. Trying to do any more dismantling to clean the burner assembly is a lot more involved and is only the job of an RGI as you need to disturb the gas supply.

There is a very good chance that if the boiler has not been serviced for 7 years there will be damage to key components of the boiler some of which are very expensive to replace.

As an insurance policy I would suggest you contact the approved service company for your Ideal boiler and request a "fix cost repair", that way you should be covered for any eventualities as to the cause of the symptoms you describe.

end of answer

I would be in a very different situation now.

I agree with Garfield certainly looks like it is or has leaked from the joint the white bits what look like chalk marks on the bottom left corner give it cause for concern.

Its very hard from a computer to give detailed advice on the information provided you were told on a few occassions that a service would probably not be sufficiant and more work would likley to be involved.

I would check with Warmsure, it may be he has recalled it in for a heat ex and they may want the difference between the service price and fixed price.

Sponsored Links
In hind-site this thread could have gone very differently, along the lines of...

OP Q1) Hello, my boiler has been making a bit of a banging noise at the end of each heat cycle for a little while. It is now making what I'd describe as a groaning noise shortly after firing, progressing to more of a vibration later in the heat cycle.

I attempted to take the cover off several years ago because I wanted to try and get the vacuum in there to give it a clean out, but it seemed a bit impenetrable so I backed out.

I'd like to give it another go now, otherwise I see a repair bill arriving!

I've googled for some dismantling instructions before but didn't find anything. Could someone please help.

Many Thanks

A1) The process of removing the outer covers and inner sealing panel is very straightforward, just a few screws. Trying to do any more dismantling to clean the burner assembly is a lot more involved and is only the job of an RGI as you need to disturb the gas supply.

There is a very good chance that if the boiler has not been serviced for 7 years there will be damage to key components of the boiler some of which are very expensive to replace.

As an insurance policy I would suggest you contact the approved service company for your Ideal boiler and request a "fix cost repair", that way you should be covered for any eventualities as to the cause of the symptoms you describe.

end of answer

I would be in a very different situation now.

its a shame ya dint ask for advise 7+ years ago on ****e boilers :LOL:

and thats what ya get for trying to get something for nowt!
ya haven't had the boiler serviced regular, you then didn't advice the company that came to look at it that they was at least 1 fault you was aware of.
ya own fault pal :rolleyes:

notice he told you to get "a fix price repair" not a service :LOL:

no point moaning ya mise well just get ya hand in ya pocket.
then take a service contract out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back