If you were God...

I think it's a trick question but I'll go with the obvious answer.

It is sealed in an envelope and Mrs Secure will vouch for me not cheating.

Sponsored Links
oh really, my grammer is that bad, oh my Darwin! I didn't really know? Oh well, I mean emerging from an Ape, what more can you expect? Well any way, this test is not about grammer, but to see if you can work out simple logic.

I will provide the correct answer tomorrow and give a precise reason for why it is a correct answer and whos brains are dearranged.

I think it's a trick question but I'll go with the obvious answer.

It is sealed in an envelope and Mrs Secure will vouch for me not cheating.

Aah! Mrs Secure, I remember her! Do you really trust her! watch her she is not quite what you think! :LOL:

oh really, my grammer is that bad, oh my Darwin! I didn't really know? Oh well, I mean emerging from an Ape, what more can you expect? Well any way, this test is not about grammer, but to see if you can work out simple logic.

I will provide the correct answer tomorrow and give a precise reason for why it is a correct answer and whos brains are dearranged.

I actually have a phenomenal logical brain so much so that in a phsychometric test the examiner told me I was the only person who had ever scored 20/20 in the logic section of the assesment.

Which brings me to why your problem is badly presented. if its badly presented it is either a trick question and NOT a test of logic but a test of INTERPRETATION. if the question has been badly worded then we have a grammatical error.

Lets just see why this puzzle is wrong..
To explain lets name the subjects A and B...
The first thing you have to assume is that the subjects are male. The first description says 'people' but later references only mention he.
The next thing we have to decide is whether A or B is the subject who visits the toilet. Lets say A is the one who stays put and B is the one who visits the toilet.

Two people (A and B) were to meet in a room full of clutter, both sit across a table to discuss a subject, at first one (A) notices a Fiver lying among the clutter, then the other (B) notices the same fiver, but neither tells the other that they saw a fiver which appears to have been forgotten by someone, they both knew that the fiver wasn't theirs, later on one of them(A) excuses the other(B) to go to the loo, when he (B) comes back,

Now this is where the logic and the question fails..
The next 'he' could refer to either A or B and both would have a different outcome.
If the next 'he' refers to A then . .

he(A) notices that the fiver is gone! Among the clutter there are some mice droppings as well.

In this scenario A has stayed put and B has been to the Loo and therefore if A notices the fiver has gone it could be because either HE himself has taken it in which case its misleading to say he notices the fiver has gone since he would already know he had taken it. So the conclusion is the mice took it .

However if the next 'he' refers to B then...

he(B) notices that the fiver is gone! Among the clutter there are some mice droppings as well.

In that case the answer again is not certain. If B comes back from the loo and notices the fiver is gone then it could equally have been taken by A or eaten by mice.

BTW you spelt deranged wrong . .

Sponsored Links
Mdf, I think your logic is fuzzy! so you win. :LOL:

But did you know, Bank of England put special deterrence in their bank notes to stop mice and other book worms from gnawing through the bank notes?

They won't tell you what they use as it is BOE's top secret, and this is also how they can determine if a bank note that looks almost genuine can be checked if it is fake!

:!:

So now, your answer is correct if that fiver was fake!

but guess what it wasn't! ha ha! :LOL: Good try though, kept you tinking though!

The answer is 'B'. If the mice had eaten it there would be scraps of evidence.

Mdf, I think your logic is fuzzy! so you win. :LOL:

But did you know, Bank of England put special deterrence in their bank notes to stop mice and other book worms from gnawing through the bank notes?

They won't tell you what they use as it is BOE's top secret, and this is also how they can determine if a bank note that looks almost genuine can be checked if it is fake!

:!:

So now, your answer is correct if that fiver was fake!

but guess what it wasn't! ha ha! :LOL: Good try though, kept you tinking though!

So now you say the question was not a logic test but a test of knowledge ie whether someone knew about the BOE special treatment or not. Incidentally apparently there are traces of cocaine on every banknote you handle.

In fact the answer is now obvious the person who dropped the fiver came back in to check where he had lost it , found it and scarpered with it.

This does not really present itself as a logic test either just a lesson in either human behavioral characteristics or lateral thinking.

next!

Ok, the original question was modified to get you guys warmed up, so now your brain has warmed up, no excuses that I did not give you enough time to think, so I will now revert the question to its original format,

in that room there are just those two guys, no mice dropping sand no mice either, just 2 blokes, A & B, both know there is a fiver, and it doesn't belong to either of them, and each hopes the other hasn't seen it so that who ever gets the first chance snaps it.

So now if B excuses himself and has to go to the loo, and when he returns, the fiver is missing!

So now who took that Fiver, assuming there were no other people who came into the room during all that time and it was just the two of them, no mice no book worms, just them two and lots of clutter!

so who took the fiver A or B?

Correct, he did, B knew that the only way to get hold of that fiver was to make it look like he was going to the loo, so he told A, excuse me if you don't mind I need to spend a penny, so as he got off his chair, he distracted A by asking him "what time is it by the way?" so as A was looking at his watch, B grabbed that fiver and went to the loo, and hid the fiver in his left foot socks, just in case A challenges him that there was a fiver and its gone missing, and he may accuse B for taking it so he hid in his socks. :LOL:

Sounds like your logic is flawless! :rolleyes:

FFS, the real answer would be A! You are right, my question was not logicically based, I should have said if B didn't take it then who took it?

:mrgreen:

So now, let us get back to topic, based on this logic,

everything happens in the world for a reason, yes,

there is always something behind something, yes

there is nothing behind nothing, yes,

so now, i ask you, where did the universe come from? you would say the Big bang, yes

so where did the big bang come from? you would say Wendy let off a big one, yes

so where did Wendy come from and where did she get her baked beans from?

you answer that? ;) and remember Heinze did not start making baked beans until 18th century!

Ok, the original question was modified to get you guys warmed up, so I will now revert the question to its original format,

in that room there are just those two guys A & B, both know there is a fiver, and it doesn't belong to either of them, and each hopes the other hasn't seen it so that who ever gets the first chance snaps it.

So now if B excuses himself and has to go to the loo, and when he returns, the fiver is missing!

So now who took that Fiver, assuming there were no other people who came into the room during all that time and it was just the two of them, no mice no book worms, just them two and lots of clutter!

so who took the fiver A or B?

So you messed everything up in your translation . . . . :rolleyes:
my original answer of A or the mouse was correct and since you have now taken the mouse out of the equasion that means A.

but what was the point of a logic question in this thread anyway? What were you trying to prove?

That

A. If we could not answer the question we were not smart enough to pass comment on the theories of creationism scientific or spiritual?
B. That by setting the question you were trying to prove how smart you were?

Of course you cannot prove A or B because we do not know C

C being whether you solved the question when you were presented with it.

It seems unlikely since your interpretation of the question messed up the ability to actually answer it by adding in alternative solutions.

Mike. When you say everything happens 'for a reason' do you mean'for a purpose' or as a result of something.

If 'for a purpose' what is this based on?

Sponsored Links
Back